Play in the front sprocket.

Juggler

I had a new chain and sprocket set put on about 1k miles ago. Since then, the chain has needed tensioning a couple of times, no problem. Today I removed the front sprocket cover for a long over due clean. I couldn't help but notice that there was some play in the front sprocket. Am I right in thinking this should be attached as tight as it could go? I can imagine the vibrations (it is a vibey single cylinder) has worked it loose. Else, the fellow at garage didn't do a very good job.

Figured I'd check first. Thank you in advance.

my front sprocket came loose on sunday and i lost the nut. When I put it back on, i stamped on the wrench to get it tight but the guys in the garage seemed to be able to get it much tighter. They also bent over the washer over and hammered it down against the nut as well for some reason, Im assuming to stop it working loose.

But yeah, it seemed to be very, very tight when it was finished, a lot tighter than i could have done it with a manual socket set.