i have a pair of Sidi evo black rain, I hadn't planned on spending that for my first boots but after trying on about every pair in the shops and at the bike show (by the end, I had to ask my oh to pull the zips up my fingers were so sore!) I eventually got the sidis because they were the only ones that fitted, all the rest were too wide and my heel would lift right up at the back.

Been using them a year now and they're still in good condition. Took ages for them to break in, and they're not that comfortable for walking around in, perfectly comfortable on the bike though :)

Oh, only other thing is because they're such a good fit I can't fit woolly socks in them for the colder months! Though tbh my hands are always the first to suffer when its cold so its not too big an issue.

Guest Hodgy

I have some yellow Sidi's, got them to match my bike :roll:

They leak like a sieve and there uncomfy as there so narrow, but i love the colour :lol:

This is the problem im finding gayle, my feet seem to be quite narrow and all the other boots i´ve tried are way too wide, even the ladies ones, and my heel slips at the back :( what size are you in normal shoes? do you find bike boots bigger anyway? x

My shoe size is about 6.5 and the boots are the same. I can't remember much abut how the other boots fitted, mainly just that they were all so loose in the heel.

They were recommended to me by a guy working in at one of the shops at the bike show for being more narrow at the heel than other boots (and he didn't even sell them!), so I'd definitely give them a try :)

Also, I've worn them in the pouring rain and still had dry feet :)

I,ve got sidi vertigo boots and i would'nt swap them for any other pair, i've been in some right down pours and my feet have never been wet and they've got great support if the worst was to happen. wear socks that you would normally wear when riding when your going to try on boots. :)

I've had Sidi Vertigos since I've been riding, and frankly last week they prevented my foot bones from getting broke! Mine are an 8, but I'm usually a size 7.

I've always found them quite comfortable and not bad to walk around in. They do leak like a seive but if you get some good socks (I've heard sealskinz are good) then you'll be reet. Or you can put your feet in plastic bags :D

yeah I´ll do that. shame ive got such skinny feet, well, not so much skinny but really shallow if you know what i mean? top of foot to sole is only about a cm .. :oops:

Haha, me too! Flat as pancakes!

I have noticed that most bike boots are designed to accomodate a 'tall' top of foot :|

I have the Sidi Gore Tex boots, which are very comfy, good fit, but squeak on every step.

Have used the silicone/oil stuff you get with new visors, on the plastic joints, and it seems to have worked though.

my girlfriend has sidi vertigo's wouldnt swap em for the world! hers arnt waterproof but then again they are summer boots! i have a pair of rst's for the winter and alpinestar smx-4's for the summer! the adjustable sidi ones are really good

I've owned quite a few different boots over the years including Alpinestars, but out of all them the Sidi boots were by far the best in terms of comfort, fit and easy of putting on. The only thing they weren't the best at was price, but then again the cheapest are very rarely the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got narrow feet too and ended up with Sidi, fitted nicely.

Then trashed them doing some inadvertent offroading, the shop I brought them at posted them back to Sidi who repaired them for free including re-stitching the slider mounts, impressed.

• 3 months later...

Revs, can I ask you how you got on with your Sidis? I've got exactly the same problem as you - ultra-narrow feet and they're very low across the top. My heel comes straight out of every single pair I've tried on so far. If yours are working out ok, I'll get myself some too.

Commuting in ordinary boots made from fake leather at the moment. Not good!

i got sidi and they are ace, comfy when riding and walkin, only thing is they aint waterproof as they should be but even after a fair few k miles they still look newish :)