Does all motorbike clothing make you look like a Gimp?

dude get leathers! you will regret it when you fall off!

10-15% difference in abrasion resistance (Disclaimer: Hearsay, but i'm happy to use it for a figure until someone proves otherwise :lol: ).

Leathers act as a splint due to their tight fitting.

And i've come off about 6 times in textiles (up to and including just over 30mph), and not once have i regretted not using leathers. Maybe at the higher speeds - but i'm happy enough.

10-15% difference in abrasion resistance (Disclaimer: Hearsay, but i'm happy to use it for a figure until someone proves otherwise :lol: ).

And i've come off about 6 times in textiles (up to and including just over 30mph), and not once have i regretted not using leathers. Maybe at the higher speeds - but i'm happy enough.

Whats your source?

30mph hardly counts as a high speed crash.

When im commuting and I wont go over 50mph ish its textiles everytime for me.

50mph + leathers.

fair enough dude :)

I went by the recomendations of my local dealer when I took up biking and went for my intense course and test. I had sod all gear so he did me a great deal on jacket, helmet, gloves and boots and chucked in a pair of trousers also. And yes, they were leather. The bike I intended getting was black so I went for black leathers. And as for looking a gimp....who gives a rats arse what peeps thinks, I feel safe knowing I may just keep my skin in the unfortunate event of coming off. A hidden benefit was the girls at my last job like them :wink: