Hi all,

Just wondering if I could take the mod one on my Honda C90 it is semi auto, I know I would have to do the Mod 2 on a geared bike to get a full licence, but could I do the Mod one on my 90?

Thanks

Daniel

If you take your test on a C90 you will be taking the light licence test* - basically restricting your self. see below blurb copied from government website:

*category A1 (light motorcycle) - a solo motorcycle between 75 and 125 cc, with a power output not exceeding 11 kilowatts - passing your test on a machine in this category will enable you to ride machines up to 125 cc as a full licence holder*

category A2 (standard motorcycle) - a solo motorcycle between 121 and 125 cc, capable of exceeding 100 kph (62.5 mph) - passing your test on a machine in this category will enable you to ride machines with a power output not exceeding 25 kilowatts (33 brake horse power) as a full licence holder for a period of two years; after the two year period the restriction will be automatically lifted and you may ride larger machines

category A (unrestricted) – a solo motorcycle with a power output of at least 35 kilowatts (46.6 brake horse power) - passing your test on a machine in this category under the Direct Access Scheme or Progressive Access Scheme will enable you to ride a motorcycle of any engine size and power output

You must use the same category of machine for both parts of the practical motorcycle test.

You must use the same category of machine for both parts of the practical motorcycle test.

See cobbz guide on this forum for full details :)