Re: sizing... for the girls.

:( I stopped reading when you said size 12 :(

Not been anywhere near a size 12 for over 20 years :cry: :roll:

Aaww Denise I know just where you're coming from! :(

Sizing for women's bike clothing is a lottery! I've found the best thing is to find a manufacturer whose sizing suits you & then stick with their stuff if I can - not always possible because of budget. Wome'ns stuff tends to be more expensive than men's too :(

If you ordered them online before you send them back nip to a bike shop and try some on, then return the originals to the shop you got them from an swop them for the right size.

good luck, and remember they can stretch a few mm if you get them wet :cheers:

BB

If you ordered them online before you send them back nip to a bike shop and try some on, then return the originals to the shop you got them from an swop them for the right size.

good luck, and remember they can stretch a few mm if you get them wet :cheers:

BB

I hope you´re not suggesting i wear them in the bath?? lol, and I would but bike shops are generally 50 miles plus from me,. :( and I soooo wanted sexy leathers for the summer........

50 miles?? an hours ride for a good 10 years wear.

tick tock - get that brain cell working girl :P

Gullable- yes lol, just dont tell kersh that ;) lmao!!

And by sizes i know what you mean, got some frankthomas leathers last summer. I take a size 12 but these one hell of a small size 12!! I can squeeze in them but not since xmas :oops: hence why i started the gym! Its my goal to fit them comfortably but i think they may be too short for me... ah well

revscasa

Tbh i think to do a fair online review pictures of your legs tushy front and rear with and without clothing would help us help you.

From there we can suggest baby oil to help slide the leather to fit or other.

Remember this is to help YOU lol

revscasa

Tbh i think to do a fair online review pictures of your legs tushy front and rear with and without clothing would help us help you.

From there we can suggest baby oil to help slide the leather to fit or other.

Remember this is to help YOU lol

pmsrofl, poor girl was asking a genuine question lol

It´s OK, I DO have a sense of humour. I wouldn´t have posted the pic of me and rambo otherwise :P :lol:

You should ask him to help you either stretch the leather n fit you in it or help you burn off some calories. If you have trouble let me know i will be your wingman anytime...:........ FFS i just went into KER5H mode.....

:booty: Seriously if u need help...

Hi Kirsty,

In my experience Hein Gericke gear tends to be more 'woman-sized' and generous, I can get into a 12 from there (!). The majority of other branded off-the-peg gear (Dainese, Alpinestars, RST, Spidi) is made in Pakistan and tends to be on the small side, I really struggle with length more than anything and I'm only 5ft8 (but ridiculous 34" inside leg), but they still seem to be stuck in the mindset that female motorcyclists are petite pygmy pillions only.

Other brands to try are JTS and Halvarssons/Lindstrands. I'm a recent convert to the latter and can confirm that a EU42 is indeed a UK14. I have heard good things about JTS ladies sizing too.

• 1 month later...

I think you need to try everything on Kirsty, as with normal clothes - none of it is standard! I'm normally a size 12 but when I went to J&S Accessories I fitted into a range of sizes from S to XL, in different makes! Which is ridiculous. I've got a summer weight pair of leathers in a 14, a thick pair of leathers in a 12, and a pair of textiles in XL!! All fit me the same - and I've got short legs which makes it harder to get a good fit :roll:

Did you get any in the end?

Hi remy,

I did get some, wiese ones. size 12 :D fit perfect :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

got the jacket too but it's a 14.. got bigger boobs than arse :P :P

Lucky you I'm the other way round! :lol:

:stupid:

Yup, Leathers for me have been a right pain to find.. I wanted to get race leathers and ones trousers that fitted nicely to my knees wouldnt go over my hips and jackets that fitted nicely on the waist didnt zip up too far.. :oops:

Best thing to do is get to some where to try them all on.. :D Even better if you can manage to get to the big shows, i know they're far but worth it!!

Took me over 2 years of looking for racing leathers till i found a set that i could wear comfortably! :mrgreen: