Mod 2 - filtering...

I will be doing my Mod 2 in a lot of traffic! (8:15 - 9:00) and wondered what the rule is with filtering?

Should i ride like a car and stay in my lane or would that be deemed as not having enough confidence to filter to the front of the queue?

Stu

I will be doing my Mod 2 in a lot of traffic! (8:15 - 9:00) and wondered what the rule is with filtering?

Should i ride like a car and stay in my lane or would that be deemed as not having enough confidence to filter to the front of the queue?

Stu

I would guess it depends on the examiner and how much of a cock he is.

If he thinks his way is right and will fail anyone for not filtering then thats bad luck.

Personally I would think of filtering as a choice. Some people take the risk of filtering to make extra progress, others are happy to sit in traffic.

do they teach you to filter in your training??

we all know they dont...they teach you to ride to DSA standard to pass the test

if they dont teach it why would the examiner be looking for you to filter :?

if you filter then you are not leaving a safe gap between your self and the cars on either side. Stay in lane and let your test time run the block down.

Ben"]

Stu

I would guess it depends on the examiner and how much of a cock he is.

If he thinks his way is right and will fail anyone for not filtering then thats bad luck.

Personally I would think of filtering as a choice. Some people take the risk of filtering to make extra progress, others are happy to sit in traffic.

That's what I thought but last time I was out my instructor asked me to filter with him. When I questioned him he said 'what's the point in having a bike if you don't filter? You may as well be in a car'.

So that clears that up. I will simply stay in the lane and not filter. Less to go wrong with that approach.

Cheers folks :0)

Stu

When I took my mod 2 in August 2010 i had the 830 appointment (ipswich the roads were like a car park at that time of day :lol: ) - there was still plenty of traffic around considering it was school holidays and i spent quite a bit of my test in traffic. I did not filter at all and got no comments from examiner whilst on test. Even when I got back to the test centre i had not got any minors for not filtering.

I would sit in the traffic - I was never shown prior to my test by instructor and there is nothing in the DSA list about filtering. End result Pass.