Thoughts on Kevlar jeans?

Thinking of buying a pair of kevlar jeans for the summer and was wondering what your thoughts are on them ? I usually ware textile but as I say thinking of a change so any feed back on the pros and cons would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance guys

From what i have heard and read 'Hood' are good jeans to get. Draggin ones are most popular but apparently not that good.

I will be buying hood jeans for the summer. Good reviews and you can insert armour as well.

Stu

I have Red Route ones, however I only wear them on short trips.

Usually if going to work on the bike.

Very nice jeans, and fully armoured as well.

Think they are all round about the same price though.

Guest philgale

got a pair of hood jeans, more kevlar than any other jeans.

wear them in summer, leathers are just far to uncomfortable in summer plus you can stick your jacket in panniers and just walk round in a pair of jeans :D

got a pair of hood jeans, more kevlar than any other jeans.

wear them in summer, leathers are just far to uncomfortable in summer plus you can stick your jacket in panniers and just walk round in a pair of jeans :D

Ooo now who likes a bare chest then?... Mike! :lol:

Going back to the question in hand, I heard that Draggins were the only officialy approved ones? Or am I wrong. :|

Going back to the question in hand, I heard that Draggins were the only officialy approved ones? Or am I wrong. :|

Approved by who and for what?? :scratch:

My gf got a RedRoute ones and she rates them ok. I can't remember what mine are called but they are fine too :)

Willow has red route, and I have draggin ones, both good quality jeans IMHO similar amount of kevlar, but the kevlar feels thicker in the Draggin ones.

I use them all the time in summer and rode to spain in my old red route jeans (the ones willow now has lol).

www . twowheel.co.uk/draggin-jeans-c-evo-ce-kevlar-jeans.html

Only CE approved kevlar lined jeans...

Only going on what they are saying. :|

i think that pair of jeans are completely covered inside with kevlar, whereas most other pairs of kevlar jeans have patches of kevlar on the impact areas only. They're much more expensive because of this.

i've got a pair of Sartso kevlar jeans, really good!

I have replied to similar e-mails in the past, I have two pairs of Kevlar jeans, I have been knocked of in one set that involved a couple of broken ribs and bouncing down the road for 30 yards. I was a beaten wreck, the jeans are still fine. They were a cheaper make VOTO, but they did exactly what they said they would.

Shop around, the ones I bought are great. But I would have been alot better if I had pads in but I don't use them in the jeans.

TnT

I have draggin jeans and have just bought the draggin K legs, which are full kevlar long johns with double layer on the impact areas and then you wear whatever you wish over the top!

then in addition, i have got some knox armour that you put round your leg as opposed to sliding inside the jean!

forgot to mention, i wear some knox cross lite knee pads under my kevlar jeans. Just doesn't feel right without some knee protection like my other bike trousers and leathers.

my personal opinon, but i don't think much of putting knee protectors on the inside of the kevlar jeans.. most of the jeans will be quite baggy, and the knee protectors probably won't stay put if you happen to have a spill... unless you're in to those skinny jeans :? much better to wear something like the knox cross lite pads (in my opinion)

Guest philgale
hi i think most of the good one are made up of a mix of materials, Dynema and Kevlar, theres another one that i cant remember. there have higher protection against heat.

Para-aramid? thats what hood jeans use.

these are the same model i have, cover loads

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/acatalog/para-aramid-jeans.jpg

forgot to mention, i wear some knox cross lite knee pads under my kevlar jeans. Just doesn't feel right without some knee protection like my other bike trousers and leathers.

my personal opinon, but i don't think much of putting knee protectors on the inside of the kevlar jeans.. most of the jeans will be quite baggy, and the knee protectors probably won't stay put if you happen to have a spill... unless you're in to those skinny jeans :? much better to wear something like the knox cross lite pads (in my opinion)

The knee protection in my jeans is a bit wider and much longer than in my textile trousers. I assume that is to compensate for the jeans being a bit baggy.