in need of help finding the right protective trowsers

Ive been trying to get back into my bike since I got her back from the repair shop after my spill last year.

My arm is sort of healed now... it still hurts when under pressure so if i have another off i am going to be in a hell of a lot of pain, probably more than originally.

I still dont trust my bike or my ability. Its only a poor little YBR 125 with diddy tyres.

Anyway back to the original reason im posting this. I have struggled finding trowsers that fit me to ride on the bike. Since i got the bike ive been riding around in tracksuit bottoms.

Ive come to the conclusion i was really lucky with my fall. I came off at 40 - 45, smashed into the road and rolled instead of sliding. I was wearing the thinest pair of tracksuit bottoms ever, some metal toe cap work boots, a textile padded jacket, some winter frank thomas gloves and of course my lid.

All I had was grazed knees (ever so slightly), a totally f**ked up left arm (first thing to hit the floor), but other than that i was fine. My jacket tore but as far as i am concerned it did as it was supposed to, my gloves and jacket stopped my skin from been ripped to shreds.

Anyway I am just starting to get how lucky i was that my legs and arse were not ripped to shreds.

I need to buy some trowsers, that will give me proper protection. Something i can use winter and summer. I dont earn a lot of money but i need something that will do the job.

So far in my search i have found it hard to get something that fits. I am 5'9 and a bit broad, in normal trowsers i wear size XL... but in biker trowsers i couldnt even get XXL to fit me.

PLEASE help me :(

I am so scared of having another off, i really wanna make sure if it happens i am left without the need for skin grafts and having bits of tarmar surgically removed from my arse cheeks.

Ben"]

Lastly never ever wear steel toe boots.

How come?

Will check out the trowsers

Just what I read on another forum.

In an accident they can act as a guillotine and cut your toes off.

Ben"]

Lastly never ever wear steel toe boots.

How come?

Ive seen an episode of mythbusters on discovery channel.

It is a myth.

Plus even if it was possible, the force required to make it happen I think your toes would be the least of your worries.

Check out this store: EBAY STORE LINK. Some of my friends got textiles from them and they recommend this seller. Nothing extra fancy but great value stuff. You send them your sizes and they adjust it to fit you (sometimes even for free) :thumb:

Check out this store: EBAY STORE LINK. Some of my friends got textiles from them and they recommend this seller. Nothing extra fancy but great value stuff. You send them your sizes and they adjust it to fit you (sometimes even for free) :thumb:

Good link!

Now i just need to clear my overdraft and save a few hundred quid haha. :(

Ben"]
BenHow come?

Ive seen an episode of mythbusters on discovery channel.

It is a myth.

Plus even if it was possible, the force required to make it happen I think your toes would be the least of your worries.

I think the idea is that the sole of your boot could flex enough that the steel will chop the toes, rather than being crushed as if you dropped something on them like they're designed to protect against. I personally would avoid steel.