Direct access

Guest Fourkicks3

Hello it's my first post, I've recently booked my DAS a four day course with ART in Crawley West Sussex. I'm curious to no if anybody has experience with this riding school, also how much riding I can expect to do over the few days. Also is £700 a reasonable price? not that it matters now.

Thanks in advanced.

Thinking back I was told about 10 lessons, after completing the CBT, to the Mod 2, which by the time I do mine is right, so that will be about 20 hours tuition and £800 spent.

Thanks for the responses and welcomes. 3 days 9-4 and on the fourth day both modules and I assume some sort of training in the morning. Frankly I'm happy to pay if its the best way to prepare for the tests.

That would suggest about 18-20 hours of tuition and then the tests, so yes that would be about right. You are brave, I decided doing my lessons over time, 5 months now, with hundreds of hours riding my own bike on L plates in between. My Mod 1 is next week and there is no date set yet for the Mod 2.

Good luck when it comes.

I was under the impression that most new riders do these four day courses, my only concern is that I've paid for module 2 and not yet passed module 1.

Best of luck next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I just paid £570 for DAS

Mines basically similar, 9-4 2 days then Mod 1 on a 3rd day then aother day of training (maybe two) and mod 2 on the 5th day.

Basically same as yours but not both tests on the same day!

Good luck with yours!

I managed to negotiate the price down, No CBT included though

Welcome. I did a 6 session das course and it took 4 months with waiting for a couple of re-tests. I you fail mod 1 (which I am sure you won't ;0) ) they will just put out your mod 2 so won't cost you any more dude.

I think the das route is great. Got me on the bike I wanted so happy days. Good luck.

Stu

After my dismal CBT, (I don't know why the instructor gave me a certificate) I was sure the route for me was time and lessons and to get my own bike. Seven months later, numerous cancelled lessons/tests, I am thinking maybe I should bite the bullet and blast it in a week.

i spent about £480 and had 9 hours tuition and both tests in that , but i had been riding for a while , had done the cbt beforehand , and had previous experience on smaller bikes