Hazard Perception Test

Hello everyone.

Does anyone happen to know where I can locate some free online practise hazard percetion tests? I've just spent half an hour looking and can't find anywhere that's free. :?

I appoligise if i've missed a previous topic which talks about it and the links aren't dead within it.

Most appreciated.

Bullet5. :cheers:

Thanks for the offer, but my test is on the 1st, and with it being a bank holiday weekend then postage will be off, so wont get here in time. I've already got the DSA's DVD pack, and its says "tests your hazard awareness skills" on the back, but it doesn't. :(

Thanks again.

If you are on a windows machine I have a hazard perception app that I got, with loads of practice videos.

Only one or two of them actually where in the test but I did pass so must be ok.

If you are interested pm your email address and I can it over.

It also has loads of test questions etc.

Cheers

Pete

If I google free hazard perception I get a few results where the site offers one or two as a taster to then get you to buy more. I did all the free ones.

I managed to find one site that'd let me have a go at it and give a score at the end. Managed to get a pass on the 2nd go, (all be it a few marks over the pass boundary).

Is there a guide to what you need to click for? I find that I over-click as i'm watching people on the pavements, animals, all the nearby cars etc (that could be 40 or so meters away).

Rymez, you've got a PM. :cheers:

Many thanks, Bullet5.

Anything that would make you change your speed and direction is a hazard.

You should only click once you see a hazard, not something that might become a hazard.

For example, someone stood waiting to cross isn't a hazard so you shouldn't click. However someone stepping out into the road is a hazard and you should.

See the difference?

For example, someone stood waiting to cross isn't a hazard so you shouldn't click. However someone stepping out into the road is a hazard and you should.

That's a good description!

Another way of looking at it is to remember that they ask you to click when you see a DEVELOPING hazard. A bus at the side of the road is a hazard. If it starts to move or indicates as you approach it, it's developing so you should click.

Even though they are a hazard in the real world, manhole covers and standing water does not appear to be a hazard in the test. One one part I clicked on a few as literally nothing else was happening. I got my lowest score for that one.

My understanding is that if you see someone at the side of the road you do click as they are a potential hazard and if they walk out you click again as they are now a hazrd.

My understanding is that if you see someone at the side of the road you do click as they are a potential hazard and if they walk out you click again as they are now a hazrd.

This is how I did it as well. Clicked when I saw the potential hazard and clicked again when it became an actual hazard.

This is how I did it as well. Clicked when I saw the potential hazard and clicked again when it became an actual hazard.

Good advice, get a couple of clicks in on each hazard if it "develops".

I thought the hazard test was completely out of touch with reality (having drove for 20 years), in that the timing of your click(s) is the judgement of your "perception" skills!! I can see most things a mile away and react accordingly on the road, yet clicking too early is a 0 score. You just need to jump through their hoop unfortunately if you want a bike licence.

DSA retards. :wink:

Even though they are a hazard in the real world, manhole covers and standing water does not appear to be a hazard in the test. One one part I clicked on a few as literally nothing else was happening. I got my lowest score for that one.

Not correct. They are wanting you to click on a developing hazard, work through the intro and listen to what is said.

Manhole covers and standing water are unlikely to develop. :)

Similarly, someone standing by the side of the road is not a developing hazard.

If they step out into the road, it's now developing so.....click and score!

Thanks everyone, I've since installed the software above, and it gives you the clips that could be on the test. (I believe) So i'm now working my way though them all, and there's a "review" button where you can see what hazards occured on that ride, and where the timing points are. I can now confirm that

If they step out into the road, it's now developing so.....click and score!
remains true, along with vechiles wanting to pull out on you/merge on dual carriageways and cyclists.

I really appreciate all the input, now it's time to kunkle down and revise before it.

Many thanks,

Bullet5. :D

Re people at the side of the road. If they on the pavement just walking along they are not a hazard. But if they are like a car waiting at a junstion and could be in a position to cross they are.