Question about mod 1

Hi,

I've got my mod 1 on Thursday morning. I'm doing it on my own bike and haven't had any formal training.

I've had the bike for about a year and have done a couple of thousand miles on it. I've watched the DSA videos on YouTube and it all seems fairly straightforward.

I do have some questions though:

1) Do they ask detailed questions about bike maintenance?

2) Do they expect me to through some basic bike checks before starting? (I vaguely remember from my CBT the instructor used an acronym to list things to check.)

3) Do I have to wear a hi-vis vest? (I have a Weise jacket but it doesn't have any reflective material on it.)

Thanks

Hi,

I've got my mod 1 on Thursday morning. I'm doing it on my own bike and haven't had any formal training.

I've had the bike for about a year and have done a couple of thousand miles on it. I've watched the DSA videos on YouTube and it all seems fairly straightforward.

I do have some questions though:

2) Do they expect me to through some basic bike checks before starting? (I vaguely remember from my CBT the instructor used an acronym to list things to check.)

3) Do I have to wear a hi-vis vest? (I have a Weise jacket but it doesn't have any reflective material on it.)

Thanks

They do ask some set questions. Google them and you can learn them althought you can NOT fail on the questions. If you get them wrong it is marked as a rider error.

No basic checks needed mate. That is the point of the questions.

You don't need. Hi vis as you are in a contained area while on test.

Hope that helps.

Stu

i never got asked anything for my mod1, all that was for mod2

Same here..I only got asked questions on Mod 2

Just do your lifesavers before you set off to do each manourve..treat it as though you are on the road

Good Luck

1) No questions on Mod 1, they appear at the start of Mod 2

2) No

3) No, it's still off-road till October(ish)

Yeah I did mod 1 last week, yeah no questions, there is a link to them somewhere on here.

The mod 1 layout is massive, you should be fine.

Just don't do what I did and panic and apply a little too much back brake on the e-stop.

Good luck for it!

Cheers

Pete

When I did all my training (including Mod 1 and Mod 2 tests), my instructor always gave me a hi-viz vest...so I'm not sure if it's actually compulsory or advisory.

Like revs said, I'd get a hi-viz for Mod 2 just in case.

Good luck for tomorrow. :)

BTW it looks like a hi-viz vest is a requirement for the big bike test. I didn't need on today.

Failed the bloody thing!

Didn't stop fast enough on the emergency stop. Got to wait til the 10th for another slot.

unlucky mate, fingers crossed you'll get it next time, find an empty carpark in the meantime and practise the e stop

Yeah. I'll have to do that. It never really occured to me to practise it. I went out and practised all the other things. Just assumed the e-stop would be fine.

Didn't help that I was focusing on the speedo when going through the trap, so I might have missed him raising his arm.

you probably were too busy on the speedo... my instructor always said to me "DONT LOOK AT THE BLOODY SPEEDO!!!!" .. NAIL IT NEXT TIME XX

I think you're right. I have a feeling that when I looked up from the speedo, his arm was already raised! :oops:

I have to say, that although the fail was probably the correct decision, the examiner didn't deal with the situation well. As soon as it happened I felt that I was being kicked out as fast as possible. All this stuff in the blurb about getting feedback is just nonsense. I was off the site within two minutes of the e-stop!