MOD 2 this Tuesday, this is my second attempt !

I am really dreading doing my test again, I failed last time for not looking over my shoulder when positioning my self to take a right turn. In other words, moving from the middle of the lane to 3 feet over toward the white line. I was told by my instructor that I didn't have to look over my shoulder, if I could see well enough in my mirrors, so thats what I did, looked in my mirrors and moved my head a lot so he could see thats what I was doing. Also he said I had pulled out on a roundabout to close to a car. Well I was fuming when he said id failed, anyway he said about me being to close to a car when pulling onto a busy roundabout, well I looked at him with complete contempt and said that I didn't know what he was going on about. He then said he could draw me a diagram if that would help, well I looked at him and said "well that wont help will it" and shook my head and walked out. 16 years I've been driving, and i drive a 7.5ton lorry every day with no accidents, I think I know whether im to close or not !

Now im worried im going to get him again, and that he will fail me cos I treated him with contempt.

I think I know whether im to close or not !

Now im worried im going to get him again, and that he will fail me cos I treated him with contempt.

Thinking you know better than a DSA examiner isn't a very helpful attitude to be honest. You'd be better off accepting what he said and learning from it.

No matter how much car and small lorry experience you have, it's a whole different world on a bike, and the examiner knows this better than you do :)

Good luck on your test

bad luck last time, sometimes i think its harder when youve been driving for years, i know i certainly had to relearn how to pass a test, and thats what your aiming to do. dobtless you will ride differently after the test , i do already, but the aim is to get that cert in your hand lol....best of luck this time

He didn't fail me for the pulling out to close to a car, that was just a minor, he gave me a serious for not looking over my shoulder, which I only did cos I was told told by my instructor that i didn't need to in that situation. Anyway I am with a different instructor now. I dont think I know better than a examiner, just feel that it was unfair, maybe from where he was sat behind me it looked closer than it was.

When I did my DAS, I got told by my instructor to check my mirror and do a life saver before, moving into another road position, be it right or left. I'm suprised an instructor told you that a mirror check alone was adequate for road repositioning for the DSA test? Probably best you've got another instructor now.

Good luck with Mod2!

When I did my DAS, I got told by my instructor to check my mirror and do a life saver before, moving into another road position, be it right or left. I'm suprised an instructor told you that a mirror check alone was adequate for road repositioning for the DSA test? Probably best you've got another instructor now.

Good luck with Mod2!

Yes, the school I was with have had a lot of complaints and messed me about with test dates.

Of course a right head checks an instant fail whether you were moving 3 feet or what. What you say you checked your mirrors but what if a bike was sitting in your blind spot 3ft to the right.

Just forget it and get on with passing. Mental attitude contributes a lot and having a conflict with the examiner will not help.

I know your right, just finding it hard to come to terms with the possibility that I could pass. It has taken me so long to get this far (started in February) that I am starting to think it will never happen.

The life savers are just that, you do it to save you from going into another vehicle in your blind spot. Being to close to another vehicle isnt going to kill you in a 7.5 tonne lorry as easily as on a bike.

Stick with it mate and good luck for next time.