snaped spark plug

sam64

just snapped spark plug in housing now dont no what to do the thred is still in but nut came out any help totaly pissed :crybaby: off

Find someone with a screw extractor, or buy a set in Screwfix. Soak the remaining plug with WD40 overnight. Drill the centre of the plug, insert screw extractor. Unscrew plug.

just snapped spark plug in housing now dont no what to do the thred is still in but nut came out any help totaly pissed :crybaby: off

Find someone with a screw extractor, or buy a set in Screwfix. Soak the remaining plug with WD40 overnight. Drill the centre of the plug, insert screw extractor. Unscrew plug.

Sensible advice, dont panic and try other ways, only cause more damage,

:cheers:

What bike is it?

If possible I think you would be best to remove the head. If you drill the remains you could get swarfe down inside onto the piston where it could do a bit of damage. Screw extractor of the correct size is probably the best option.....but take it real easy, you don't want to damage the head or the plug threads.

Just a note of caution...

Bob

Not quite sure how far you need to drill in to use a screw extractor but could you just drill half way so that you don't get anything going onto the piston?

Ideally though I'd agree with Tango, take the head off just to make sure nothing unwanted gets in.

What bike is it?

If possible I think you would be best to remove the head. If you drill the remains you could get swarfe down inside onto the piston where it could do a bit of damage. Screw extractor of the correct size is probably the best option.....but take it real easy, you don't want to damage the head or the plug threads.

Just a note of caution...

Bob

its a yamaha fazer 600cc year 2000 think i"ll phone the garage in the morning get them to do it i really dont belive what i"ve done.