abba stands

JamieK

anyone no anywhere cheapish for abba stands and fitting kits? looking for one for the sv..

Make one. I have the drawings etc somewhere.

:stupid:

i made one peice of piss and cost me nothing :lol:

Can both of you post drawings and I'll make one. wish I had my own lathe!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can't find them.

Go to vtr1000.org, speak to FirestormMike and ask him to send them to you (and me again!) :shock:

Will do thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Actually, wrong name... was BikerPiker. Sorry!

Here's what he said...

Hi , here's the sizes needed,i had kept them ,as a few people had requested them

Actually,i might have posted them in the forum ,but i'm not 100% sure....

Anyway ,here's what is needed....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 metres of 50mmx50mm hollow box section.

30cm(12")approx of 1"dia. threaded bar...(prob 20mm or 22 mm dia. would do), and a nut to suit.

15cm (6")of 20mm solid bar....(poss 18mm would do)..... and a 17mm socket to weld on the very end. (drill your hole centre 12cm from the end of the socket,for a 5 or 6mm pin/bolt etc). This bar turns when raising/lowering. (or wait till very end before drilling this,that way you can position the stand beforehand).

4 0r 5 inches of bar/tube,... to be welded on to the end of threaded bar(anything really,just to turn it with)

2 @ 20cm (8")or so,to weld on to bottom of frame as stabilisers.(anything )

p.s, i welded in the small piece of round tubing,to take up the freeplay in the nut threads,and just cut the box section at an angle as in the pic. Also cos it was a friggin pain in the arse filing out two 1"holes This way ,you only need to file out one hole.

Uprights are 2 @ 60cm, with centre of holes 53cm from the very bottom of the stand.

The Horizontal box section is 52cm long. (inside size of stand).

Remember, you can either use a long pole for leverage ,like i did(1 hand easy)...,or weld on a footbar.

If using a long removable pole, you could make that upright a bit longer than 60cm,for the pole to fit in, or use a reducer like i did, depending on your handle.

2 metres will still be enough for the 3 sections of stand.

pps,there is enough room to use stand when bike centre-stand is down,but only just,...best to weld the stabilisers on to the OUTSIDE of the stand, that way you will have 20mm or so of clearance between the bike side stand, and the abba stand.

IMPORTANT- inside size of stand is 52cm...but with these types of stand you have to TIGHTEN IN QUITE HARD ,so the uprights will spread,but when stand removed,will return to 52cms.

There you go ,all you need is a steel stockist for the material ,and an ironmonger/hardware store for the threaded bar etc ,.......and a willing brother

Best o luck

EDIT...yup,i've just looked ,i had the sizes posted , no worries though

Here's some pics on this link...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12471&hilit=abba+stand

...but the link is broken so not sure the pics still exist.

EDIT - Found the thread here http://www.haymouth.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12471&start=0&hilit=abba+stand&sid=d8b3b0fccde81f3d22bd6ee73d6c4262