Bike cover that doesn't fall apart

Last year I bought an Oxford Aquatex bike cover off ebay it seems it's not meant for direct sun light as the UV light has destroyed it. Are there any UV neutralised covers that won't fall apart after a year? think I need to spend a bit more money on it rather than waste my money on cheap covers. Anyone who says I've had this cover 5 years and it's not fallen apart would be great :)

Ive had one of these covers for 5 years and it hasnt fallen apart :lol:

http://www.whitesconservatories.co.uk/acatalog/Bnbury.redbrick.new.jpg

haha or186461169_P100088920Tahrir20Car20Park.jpg.f69b98b8f64a5685902bf537d33ae52d.jpg

If you can get hold of a Motax Delux cover, they are excellent. My only issue is the plastic rings protecting the holes used to bar your locjk through sometimes work loose.

Grommets, eyelets

A groundsheet lasts ages if you don't need it to be fitted 8-)

Problem with the sheet/covers are they like getting jacked, so my bike now sits in the rain :(

Renting a council garage is 8£ a week, so ask them!!

wouldn't i have to live on a council estate for that? Think my bike is safer in back garden.

To comment above haven't had mine taken though it is a cheap one. Have a ground sheet but when it rains i get water poured all over me.

If you can get hold of a Motax Delux cover, they are excellent. My only issue is the plastic rings protecting the holes used to bar your locjk through sometimes work loose.

Second that, have had my Motrax Delux now over a year and a half. Unlike the Oxford one which ripped during the Winter 2 years ago, the Motrax is much better made, and was more than fine during the Winter, covers the whole bike completely, has a strap that connects under the middle of the bike, and has slots either end of it for chain to go through.

Also when I got mine it should of been £45 but was on sale for £20 so was a bargain, keep an eye out online for one!

• 2 weeks later...
My one form R&G has lasted a couple of years so far and is very good.

:stupid: I have two and both are used all the time, one on my commute bike (though I'm not commuting at the moment...) and they are both fine. Didn't even burn a hole in them on hot exhausts (Well, I was often late out of bed and had to rush...)

Second that, have had my Motrax Delux now over a year and a half. Unlike the Oxford one which ripped during the Winter 2 years ago, the Motrax is much better made, and was more than fine during the Winter, covers the whole bike completely, has a strap that connects under the middle of the bike, and has slots either end of it for chain to go through.

Also when I got mine it should of been £45 but was on sale for £20 so was a bargain, keep an eye out online for one!

Mine has now shown signs of fading in the sun with the top of the cover going a silvery grey. It is in the sun for much of the day.

It survived the summer high winds with no issues. I think the holes for bar end straps means air can escape out of the top of the cover.

Extreme!!!!! :shock:

So if a cover on a frame is extreme, whats a garage?

I find it does the job perfectly and no faffing with covers getting blown about etc

Extreme!!!!! :shock:

So if a cover on a frame is extreme, whats a garage?

I find it does the job perfectly and no faffing with covers getting blown about etc

A garage is there already when you buy the house :wink: