2/7/11-Brum Demo-against European interference in biking

ricky_v

Ride to protest against European proposals for compulsory Day-Glo, compulsory ABS and anti-modification of motorcycles - Let Your Voice Be Heard! Make a weekend of it at the Heart of England Bike Rally.

Location: Gather at Noon for 1pm start - 'Hare & Hounds', Lickey Road, Rednal B45 8UU

Web: http://www.mag-uk.org

Ill be there, but dont let that put you off ;) :lol: :lol:

Sadly funds won't allow me to attend. But I will be there in sprit.

This sort of rubbish was stopped in '88 (Riders Rights Day) when Bottomley tried to introduce it, let's hope it is halted again.

I may disagree with you on many things Ricky, but on this you have my wholehearted support.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunatley cruz, chances are, this will not be stopped (because of the aims and structure of the legislator (the EU) that ive explained elsewhere on this forum). I'm only going to make me feel better about it :lol: :lol:

Since I'm not actually opposed to efforts to prolong my life and well-being, I'll stay away from this.

I expected nothing more than a massive distance between your good self and this event ;) :lol: :lol:

Unfortunatley cruz, chances are, this will not be stopped (because of the aims and structure of the legislator (the EU) that ive explained elsewhere on this forum). I'm only going to make me feel better about it :lol: :lol:

Since I'm not actually opposed to efforts to prolong my life and well-being, I'll stay away from this.

I expected nothing more than a massive distance between your good self and this event ;) :lol: :lol:

I know im new and you guys clearly have background in these matters, but surely a protest like this is actually not about the EU's effort to prolong life, but rather the right of a biker to choose whether he/she does or does not need these extra safety features, we each have brains thus should be allowed to use them.

thats my two sense, couldnt resist chiming in on these matters... I have a particular loathing for large portions of the EU especially the legislative side of it.

I know im new and you guys clearly have background in these matters, but surely a protest like this is actually not about the EU's effort to prolong life, but rather the right of a biker to choose whether he/she does or does not need these extra safety features, we each have brains thus should be allowed to use them.

I'll see your right to choose, and raise you the fact that as a taxpayer I do not have the right to choose whether or not you get to spend my tax on repairing bits of your body that you chose to leave unprotected.

If you expect me to fund your rebuild, the least you can do is take care of your body properly so someone more deserving can use the NHS instead. It's a due diligence thing, simlpe really.

And, if someone far more qualified than I says that lives will be saved, and injuries avoided, by adopting a few simple improvements to aid safety, then my view is that it'd be pretty stupid to dismiss it out of hand.

For pretty much the same reason that I don't run round my garden barking (I have 4 dogs) I'll not try doing the job of UK or EU based legislators with access to large groups of industry experts either.

And lastly I do think it particularly sad that anything that comes out of the EU legislative machine is automatically rejected without a moments thought by large numbers of people simply because they "loathe anything to do with the EU". Not pointing a finger, just sayin' :D

That argument about nhs funds is a complete moot point unless you live a completely healthy lifestyle and adopt every quacks suggestions to keep your own body in 100 percent tip top condition!

Oh and as a tax payer if i want the nhs to rebuild my body because someone didnt see me then i am dam well entitled to it!

And how the hell does non modification of motorcycles also prevent accidents, but tnis is more down to continual interfearance from unelected officials in europe.

I like freedom of choice am sure wars have been fought for this ;)