failed mod 2 :/

just failed my mod 2 for the 'move away' maneuver, from behind a parked car. I did it exactly how i was taught, big right lifesaver, right signal, move to diagonal position, another big right lifesaver, then move out if its clear. if not clear then cancel signal and wait.

This was my only serious fault, also got two minors but really pissed off with failing for doing something exactly how i was taught :@

oh no really sorry to hear that, i know just how you feel mate its bloody horrible isnt it

exactly what was wrong with it ? was there a car coming toward you when you pulled out ?

i failed with a serious fault on the 'moving off' section off the test where you pull up on the left behind a parked car and have to move back off safely

the 'drill' is right shoulder check, right signal, move into the diagonal, then go if its clear, if not then turn signal off, back on when its clear, shoulder check then move off.

so i moved into diagonal, turned signal off, waited for car to pass, then checked again, signal back on then went.

examiner said it was unsafe to move into the diagonal, and that the car had to break hard as it thought i was pulling straight out. i saw it on the first check, and it did not break at all.

the examiner was a proper wierdo and the same guy who failed me on my mod 1 a few weeks back. :/

and yes you get debriefed in a room and he explains all your minors and exactly why you failed, i got 2 minors, (you are allowed 10)

for my front wheel bein over the white line at a set of traffic lights as it went to amber and i didnt think there was enough time to get through, and didn't want to break so hard that it was dangerous for anyone behind me (did mirror check first)

and second as i would drft slightly over to the right before going straight across a mini round about, thing it was a subconscious effort to get further view down the road to the left.

^both my minors seam fair but i am really annoyed with the serious fault which cost me the test :/ will be booking my next test straight through the DSA and using my own bike, had enough of that training group

the 'drill' is right shoulder check, right signal, move into the diagonal, then go if its clear, if not then turn signal off, back on when its clear, shoulder check then move off.

The 'drill' is wrong in my view, not least because it misses out the mirror entirely!

Also, you should act on the information you gather when you look in the mirror. If the mirror is not clear of approaching traffic then you should wait, signal when it's clear to move before actually moving. If you signal when something is approaching you give the impression that you're about to move, and can 'panic' the other person. Shoudler check should happen just before you move off, as any 'threat' prior to that is irrelevant.

Above pretty much says it all.. I was taught to only crawl forward if behind a van or 4x4 with limited visibility, otherwise you should be pulling out from behind the car when its clear in one motion from parked at side of kerb

Above pretty much says it all.. I was taught to only crawl forward if behind a van or 4x4 with limited visibility, otherwise you should be pulling out from behind the car when its clear in one motion from parked at side of kerb

Agree with Bogof as well, I was taught to only move forward if your view was otherwise obstructed.