Fed up with footpumps?

I am as every one I've ever had seems to pack up after a year or so, even the so-called better makes like Michelin never last long, whether they are single or twin barrelled. The latest one broke so I went looking for a replacement, and bought myself a Halfords Advanced rechargeable inflator - it inflates up to 120psi. Well it's brilliant! None of this faffing about with stupid clips trying to get on and off the valve without losing air after you've sweated for ages pumping it up, it's a screw on attachment.

You preset the pressure required and it took seconds to inflate the bike tyres. Checking the pressure with a guage afterwards it was spot on. It's cordless with a rechargeable battery you can charge via mains or 12volt, it has attachments for all kinds of other things that need inflating ( :lol: ). It also has a USB connection. So far I'm very impressed - if the thing lasts! :D

At the mo it's on offer, reduced from £71.99 to £49.99.

Bit too expensive for me, but thanks very much for bringing to my attention that fact that there is such a device suitable for blowing up my tyres without peeing me right off every time! :lol:

Do you mean after a flat?

Otherwise is tehre a reason you dont just use a garage? most of the petrol garages round our way have air pumps, so every couple of weeks just pop in while re-filling and top them up

Is it BS approved for accuracy though?

Hate the fiddlyness of switching between separate pump and gauge (but most pumps built-in gauges aren't very accurate!)

Garage forecourt pumps are (apparently) very unreliable. And they get abused regularly and badly, even if they were once accurate when brand new! Besides which, by riding to the garage, you've heated up the air in your tyres thus the pressure reading will be higher, so your measurements are less accurate because of this too, as pressure readings are for stone cold tyres.

I have a little compressor thing that plugs into the car battery socket, cost about £20 and so far it seems accurate.

Garage forecourt air lines and gauges are notoriously unreliable, plus you should always check and inflate your tyres when completely cold, not when you have ridden to a garage.

Out of curiosity how much heat will a tyre pick up if it goes 2-300 yards, then is standing for a few mins while I fill up/que and pay? Would this still be ok enough? (not taking the mick, Didnt realise this, so wondering if I can get away with using the closest garage before I go out. And I know its accurate as I filled it up before I took it to get checked by tyre fitters after some hassal with one of the tyres)

i have one of these :lol: :lol:

http://www.bombayharbor.com/productImage/0814363001144476613/Air_Compressor_1hp_To_60hp.jpg

if you have to use a foot pump or small compressor always put too much air in its less fiddly to let air out to get the correct pressure and you only have to put the pressure guage back on to check :mrgreen:

Well I have three vehicles at home which need tyres checking and it's so much more convenient than having to go to the garage each time :mrgreen: . It seems to be very accurate as I've checked it against my little hand pressure gauge and it's spot on :D