after a Quiet helmet

I wear ear plugs for 2 reasons the first being noise protection and once I had a bug in my lid and I could feel it climbing into my ear :shock:

Almost binned the bike trying to stop in a hurry!

Weirdly the quietest helmet I've ever bought was a full face from Aldi.

I needed a full face for a long trip this April and had dropped mine recently so I picked one of these up at the last minute for £30.

It's the quietest helmet I've ever worn on a naked bike.

TBH what works for one person isn't necessarily going to work for someone else even on the same bike. A 1" taller person can push a quiet lid into noisy territory as can screens, luggage, pillion etc.

I don't wear earplugs either.

the qwest is a touring helmet, you want to go for a more touring based helmet, the two quietest helmets i have worn are my partners Qwest and my old caberg flip lid.

they arent silent, but my caberg was great with the little in ear headphones and my partner was doing 120motorway miles a day with his qwest untill a couple of weeks ago best thing to do is see if you can try a helmet on in the store with a fan... see what u can head with your earphones in but not on.

Guest Hodgy

I had a Suomy helmet which I replaced with an Arai, the Arai was noticably noisier than the Suomy.

No idea if that helps at all :bike2:

i won't use ear plugs cos i wear headphones

Why not get some custom made ear plugs with headphones built in? Probably not the cheapest but cheaper than buying a new helmet off someones recommendation and finding out it isn't much quieter than the one you have..

:cheers:

The Shoei Qwest is possibly the quietist lid we sell at work, particularly being more touring orientated than the xr1100. Not only that but it's incredibly comfortable (in my own opinion)

I know what I'm trading in my AGV K3 for when I get the money!