Road positioning for the mod 2

Do I include advanced cornering techniques or stick to the basics of staying central to the road?

I'm not 100% on the advanced cornering so would rather stick to what I know will give me a pass, brought my mod 2 forward from september to tomorrow :?

oh and anyone done the Oxford kassam stadium? Really would love to know the rough route that is taken :lol:

Do I include advanced cornering techniques or stick to the basics of staying central to the road?

oh and anyone done the Oxford kassam stadium? Really would love to know the rough route that is taken :lol:

Keep it simple. The examiner is looking for a confident safe ride. Nothing more than that.

Do you mean the test route?

okay righto. Apart from turning left move over to the left etc like i was taught on my CBT.

Yeah the test route. Betting he takes me where I've never been before. Going early to take the route I've not done before.

Yeah the test route. Betting he takes me where I've never been before. Going early to take the route I've not done before.

They used to publish test routes in detail, but they stopped doing so when they introduced the Independent Driving module in the car test. Their position on it is that you should be able to ride confidently and safely in all types of traffic on roads that may or may not be familiar to you, so prior knowledge of the test route in unnecessary.

Even if you did happen to find the test route online, they are not required to stay on that route slavishly. When I took ADI Part 2 I knew the 3 routes they used. The one she took me on didn't match any of the 3 :P

definitely stay to the middle of the lane, my instructor took great pains to stop me riding on the better sight lines, and made me stick to the middle, i guess thats what they were looking for as i passed first time.

With regards to moving over to the side of the road for left/right hand turns....

Only do it if the road is wide enough for you to do that and for the other traffic to easily squeeze past. Otherwise you're inviting people to molest you.

If the road is a bit narrow i'd suggest making a token move to the side so that the examiner can see it, but not enough to invite impatient cars to try to get through a gap too small. That way you can show a better awareness of the situation but not worry too much whether your assessment of the space available is the same as the examiners (second guessing the examiner seems to be the biggest cause of mistakes).

Hope that makes sense.