now onto disklocks

Yes.

Round key = can be opened by a penlid.

Flat key = not susceptible.

Single locking = can be forced open easily as there's nothing holding the pin inside the body of the lock.

Double locking = better, hard to force open.

Alarms = depending on location of speaker, can be silenced with a quick screwdriver through the speaker. And also some go off far too easily. And some drain batteries something terrible.

Locking pin size = thicker the better.

All that said, it doesn't prevent your bike being lifted away, so anything that can't be easily bashed off (NB: some can be!) will probably do just as good a job of preventing the joyriders tearing off on it.

Yes.

Round key = can be opened by a penlid.

Flat key = not susceptible.

Single locking = can be forced open easily as there's nothing holding the pin inside the body of the lock.

Double locking = better, hard to force open.

Alarms = depending on location of speaker, can be silenced with a quick screwdriver through the speaker. And also some go off far too easily. And some drain batteries something terrible.

Locking pin size = thicker the better.

All that said, it doesn't prevent your bike being lifted away, so anything that can't be easily bashed off (NB: some can be!) will probably do just as good a job of preventing the joyriders tearing off on it.

from the website which would be best?

get one with an alarm. Not just because it can put thieves off, but because if you forget its on there it can cause damage and be dangerous, and as soon as you move the bike with an alarmed one, it will go off and remind you its there.

http://www.themotorbikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39757&sid=92bb889364628e2c2e257c308eab829f

get one with an alarm. Not just because it can put thieves off, but because if you forget its on there it can cause damage and be dangerous, and as soon as you move the bike with an alarmed one, it will go off and remind you its there.

http://www.themotorbikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39757&sid=92bb889364628e2c2e257c308eab829f

i will look into them

is it better to get the padlock type disk lock or the other type?

Check out my thread on them matey and possibly think again. If you do get one, get a cord reminder that goes onto your bars. Even then I fecked up and forgot it was on.

Check out my thread on them matey and possibly think again. If you do get one, get a cord reminder that goes onto your bars. Even then I fecked up and forgot it was on.

iv seen it what a horrible mistake but it happens

gonna buy 2 cords 1 for each side

I use one of these instead of a disc lock when I am out and about. It is a gold colour and I can either attach it to something or I put it through the wheel and rounfd the top of the mudguard so it is clearly visible.

http://www.oxprod.com/photo.php?maxx=250&id=201

I got a XENA XN18 (think thats right) for mine. Thatcham and Sold Secure Gold rated and got a nice loud alarm to remind me to take it off - only done that once so far, stood the bike up off the side stand wondered what all the noise was about for a second :oops:

The guy I got it from emailed me a template for all the XENA disc locks by email. printed it out, done the Blue Peter bit with the scissors and picked the biggest one that would fit my disc

I use one of these instead of a disc lock when I am out and about. It is a gold colour and I can either attach it to something or I put it through the wheel and rounfd the top of the mudguard so it is clearly visible.

So basically... instead of using a disclock you festoon your bike with a disco ropelight?

Does it flash?

So basically... instead of using a disclock you festoon your bike with a disco ropelight?

Does it flash?

It might as well do something else, for all the use it is as a "security" item :lol:

Does it flash?

It might as well do something else, for all the use it is as a "security" item :lol:

Worst is the price :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

now im buying one with an alarm, i set off today with it still connected but i was lucky for once as i was only pushing the bike and stopped in time :mrgreen:

now im buying one with an alarm, i set off today with it still connected but i was lucky for once as i was only pushing the bike and stopped in time :mrgreen:

Be careful, don't rely on the alarm. by the time you pull away, it could still just be beeping before the main alarm