mod 2 on friday FAILED!!!

and im scared already, im trying those bach remedys hopefully itll work if not a bottle of wine will do lol wont pass but after the wine i wont give a shit lol.

Any ideas to try relax about it would be helpful im usually fine up until getting to the test centre then i just start shaking and get all tense

Edited by Lynn

Any ideas to try relax about it would be helpful im usually fine up until getting to the test centre then i just start shaking and get all tense

Treat it as a nice relaxing rideout, with a satnag in your ear. And remember that examiners are bikers too, they WANT to pass you and will look for reasons to do so. All you have to do, is supply those reasons. A safe confident ride and you'll pass. Good luck!

you have to be calm! you're only riding a bike

with another one following you.

That's all there is to it!

Tell yourself and keep telling yourself it's a simple

40min bike ride.

Enjoy it! it's meant to be fun! :lol:

Well on my 5th driving test I thought I had failed straight away as I left my left indicator on as I pulled away from the curb (had failed on this previously), so I thought ahh bugger and just completely relaxed.

On my bike test my brake light was stuck on for 2 roundabouts, he pulled me over and fixed it for me and I thought ahh bugger I've failed and completely relaxed.

So my advice is do something completely stupid before you turn up and go ahh bugger I've failed today, oh well I'll just treat it as a ride out with a mate, just relax :cheers:

No advice to give I'm afraid, I was really nervous before both my tests (worse on the Mod 1 though). I was better once I got moving and just kept saying to myself YOU CAN DO THIS (and don't forget lifesavers/indicators/positioning etc) however still managed to forget a few lifesavers! :roll: :lol: . The examiners will expect you to be nervous but all they want to do is to see you ride safely and confidently, and you have got a fair bit of margin for error with the minors, so long as you don't do a serious/dangerous manoeuvre.

I also told myself that the worst I could do is fail, and if that happens it's not the end of the world as I would then have more of an idea of what I needed to concentrate on.

Best of luck!

I was a nervous wreck when doing both my tests. Saw me fail my mod 1 3 times! While I was sitting in the waiting room at the test centre for my mod 2 I felt like I was going to be sick! Like Remy though, once I got moving the nerves just faded away. I guess its because when you are out on the road there is so much you need to be paying attention to- there was no room left for nerves!

good luck, all i can do is echo most of the above.

one thing i did tho, i knew the instructor made me nervous, so i made sure i didnt get the first test slot( there were 2 of us with the same instructor on that day) so i had an hour to go for a walk/chain smoke , attempt to chill before my test .

and im scared already, im trying those bach remedys hopefully itll work if not a bottle of wine will do lol wont pass but after the wine i wont give a shit lol.

Lynn, the only piece of advice I would give you will sound a bit strange but it's to give yourself a cut-off point at which you stop reading forums like this.

Before anyone misunderstands me, this forum was a massive help to me in all sorts of ways and I'm fantastically grateful for all the advice I received.

However, there comes a point when you really can't take in much more and what you need to rely on after that is the accumulated knowledge you've gained from being on the road, put together with your instructor's advice and perhaps the Highway Code.

I really believe there's a risk of information overload. You've got everything squared off in your head then someone offers an opinion (or fact) that confuses or contradicts you. It starts a whole spiral of doubt in your mind and the fret-o-meter hits 11.

So, my advice is to choose a moment close to Friday and then just concentrate on that nice, easy ride you're going to do. Lots of other people have described it as like having a sat-nav in your ear. They're right. Just think of it as that.

Good luck :-)

Ps. Thanks again to TMBF for helping to get me through my test. Couldn't have done it without ya.

Thanks for all the positive replies i was awake at 5am this morning haha, decided its a f*** it day :up: :lol: lol if i pass i pass if i dont ill just put in for it again and it just gives me more time to sort out the YBR and sell it and also to get money together for a bigger bike lol

PS anyone want to buy an 07 ybr125 with lotsa miles but lotsa services too hehe :booty:

Im gutted, something really stupid!

I got 99% of teh way around with no faults and indicated to turn up the road towards the exam centre there was a woman parked on the right hand side of the road on her phone and a bloke was smack bang in the middle of the road so i had to stop then squeeze past him, ... then i heard the examiner say say cancel cancel cancel :mad: :mad: :mad: i forgot to cancel the bloody indicator so i got failed on it aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

Reboooked for 6th August

I did! lol my instructor left my bike on its sidestand on a cobbled slope and as i was showing the examiner things about the bike it moved off the sidestand due to the slope, ...didnt hit the floor i stopped it luckily or the test wouldnt have gone ahead, i rode the test convinced id failed because of that :oops:

sorry to hear that hunny. i failed for not indicating at a junction even though i know i pressed the button.

your retest date is same as mine. i wish you all the luck.

mind, got to say i enjoyed every minute of my test, as the guys have said, treat it as a ride out, nothing more and you will be fine. :D

I know i cried on the way back :crybaby: Good job the bike was loud no one could hear me bloody big baby lol. :oops: couldnt help it it was just so frustrating!

Will make sure i dont do it again though, think its on Friday the 5th not 6th

Ah, shame you didn't get through first time but it's no doubt something you won't repeat doing again! I had a really bad habit of leaving the indicator going whilst doing my DAS so on the test each time I pulled away I made sure I looked twice to check the bloody thing was off! I'm glad I did as I hadn't pushed it hard enough to cancel after one manouvere and had to push it again!

Better luck next time. It sounds like everything else besides that was good so you should get through ok!