Billing bikefest (Northampton 23/24 July)

Dxr

im looking at going sunday weather permitting,,,ill be coming from lincoln way,,,you beat me to the post lol,,

going to try and get a few from work to go so happy to meet others on route

Hopefully were getting the bad weather out of the way atm. I'll play it by ear on which or both days I go but good weather for some nice pics would be a plus :D

http://www.billingbikefest.com/

Im local and hoping to get along in between 12hr night shifts :|

Who's going and anyone been before?

It's not been on before, to my knowledge. The blokes organising it used to run the BMF when that was good...so fingers crossed for this one (although I expect a few teething problems).

My godawful RAF-style XJ900 will be on the MAG stand and I will be:

• 1. drinking a coffee with a barely-awake and pained expression

2. smiling and greeting people

3. handing out bear hugs while dribbling, or

4. unconscious on the floor clutching an empty rum bottle

...depending upon what time you may bump into me.

Stage 4 will probably strike around 11:30am. 8-)

Not busy by any stretch. £12 on the door to visit a load of overpriced stalls, watch a man on a minimoto and witness a fat glutton scoff hit dogs probably isn't the biggest draw considering the oncoming greyness.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c1238416-ea2b-32f1.jpg

Not busy by any stretch. £12 on the door to visit a load of overpriced stalls, watch a man on a minimoto and witness a fat glutton scoff hit dogs probably isn't the biggest draw considering the oncoming greyness.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c1238416-ea2b-32f1.jpg

Oh, not what I wanted to hear. I just arranged with my mate to head down in the morning. Hmmm might not bother then really at £12! Why doesn't Northampton have a local biker place where it doesnt cost £12 to stop for a chat :lol:

Mmm the small child is on about going tomorrow, but I have to say, looking at their website and list of stunning attraction I think I'll do some ironing instead. At least The Blast (anyone remember that ?) had Kevin Carmichael and Craig Jones.....

The absence of anything approaching decent security in a place renown as Chav Holiday Park has led to marauding groups of thieves running into the traders area.

I'm in my tent right near the main stage and flares have been launched into the row of stalls next to me so that wong'uns can blitz the stalls on the opposite side.

I've got my little boy in the tent with me and I'm on the verge of phoning the wife to come collect us (I've had a bit to drink).

This is a bloody farce. One man in a buggy is pathetically trying to catch a legion of ASBO holders.

I'm never coming again.

Awesome stuff :cry:

I think I'll suggest a "ride by" rather than parting with money straight out, see how it looks. Would have been nice to meet some more people. I'll prob be out riding around today instead, if you see me anywhere gimmie a nod or say hi 8-) (Green ER5, matt black lid).

We ended up giving it a miss :oops: Didnt sound too enticing tbh and a oil leak and oil change on my mates bike kept us occupied, once that was done we just toured the local B roads :D Lots of bike groups around Northampton this aft though.

What a day for riding - me and my son took the long way home :)

According to some, people were arriving to discover the price and turning around straight away. Others complained that it was the same set of traders at the BMF and the NEC.

The organisers claimed it was a huge success and there were long queues waiting to get in.

I'd not have paid for it and unless it offers much more next year (and a more secure camping area) I'll not go back.

Still, managed to leaflet hundreds of people about our classic bike show coming up in October at Jacks Hill Cafe. :D