Tattoo Design

Decor58

Seeing some at the rally and a recent thread on here has once again made me want a tattoo.

I don't have any yet but have wanted one for a several years and had a rough idea of what I've wanted for a while: A dragon with a st. george's cross on a sheild with 1990 in there somewhere (I was born St. George's Day 1990 :P )

So after a great deal of searching I found this drawing of a dragon and figured a shild near the bottom with 19 and 90 on the bannor either side would look pretty good.

Soooo what do people think and would any arty people on here be able to draw me something similar for me to take into a shop?

I might add, it would most likely be an upper arm/sholder tat as I can't have anything that would show under a short sleave shirt if I wanted to get into the forces.

http://www.puzzeltuin.nl/kleurplaten/draken/images/draken10.jpg

Go into the place and speak to the artist, work through with him what you want.

If they won't go through it with you then they're not worth it

If you see they're no good then you know when they've only ruined a piece of paper ;)

And you know you've got the design you want at the end of the day

like what everyone else has said its for life so don't rush but im not expert trust me. i once went into a tattooist in leeds and asked for pretty much anything and 4 hrs later i had a half sleeve LOL. looks good so people tell me but if i had waited a few months i would of worked out what i really wanted.

so far iv got punisher logo on my chest, half arm sleeve, 13 ( lucky number and a-rod shirt number lol), and flames on my leg and iv got £700 worth of stuff booked in lol

imo the image is crap and its not to my taste and by the sounds of things your very unsure about it too. you want to search for tattoo convention images go to newsagent they usually sell all tattoo mags buy them all and get a good idea what you want. check out paul booth man that guy has some of the tats ever. my last piece of advice is this

1- pick where you want the tattoo first and work out if its a one off or a work in progress

2- if you decide that you want that tattoo, print it out and trace it and copy it to your arm, then finish it off with a marker and look at it and see what you think.( i did this but after my crappy flames lol)

3- if you don't want that one then look at different styles of tattoos there are so many and pick that and go from there. personally i love modern skull, paul booth style and bio mechanical

nice I like it!

Go for it you won't regret it!

Also be prepared to want more....and a lighter wallet! :thumb:

Or have a brother in law who does them :lol:

That's my life long dream...or win the lottery and buy a tattoo shop! :lol:

National flags/symbols, football related, girls names, band names - all things I would never get tattooed.

Nice dragon though.

oops iv got hatebreed tattoo on my arm and A-rod number on my back :lol:

National flags/symbols, football related, girls names, band names - all things I would never get tattooed.

Nice dragon though.

I used to have a G N' R one, which has since been covered over.

Hatebreed, great band, but never gonna go down as one of the greatest.

Yankees ? :up: Sox Sox Sox !!

Nice dragon though.

I used to have a G N' R one, which has since been covered over.

Hatebreed, great band, but never gonna go down as one of the greatest.

Yankees ? :up: Sox Sox Sox !!

its nice just says hatebreed going from my wrist

oh yes yankees all the way but neither team will win the world series this year

:laugh:

I think I'll have a ride out to find somewhere decent to get it drawn up next week then take revs advice though maybe not wait a whole year, just until I'm no longer in my overdraft...though that could be the same thing :lol:

Will it cost to get them to draw out the design for me?

• 1 month later...

Have a look at Google images for the design you would like,there are loads of pics to choose from and you can get the idea of size and placement you require.

Also think about where it will be,if your job requires for you to be professional then maybe the upper arms or back piece would be better.I have mine on my upper arms and shoulders,which if needed can be covered by a short sleeved t-shirt.

Most important though is NEVER go to a back street tattooist.It simply is not worth it.It cost a bit more for a pro to do it but art costs money,and having a tattoo is art so don't ruin it by having it done cheap.

Check out the local artist in your area then check out the conventions,if the artist near you practises at these then you can be mostly confident that they are genuine.Do not go to one that simply has a sign above his door saying he is a tattoo artist,many are dreadful while others are great.Research research research.Don't go in feet first.

As for prices,it all depends on size and detail.the design and size of the first post you did would be about £100/150 i would guess but the more detail in the design the higher the price because the artist needs a lot more time to do the work.

Hope this helps.

I am and I've spoken to them and as long as it would be covered by a short sleeve shirt and isn't offensive in anyway it is allowed.

Unfortunately this is still on hold for the foreseeable future due to finances, the money I was going to spend on this has just gone on 2 nights in York for me and the girlfriend lol

You can have them done in stages.Say,the outline in one visit,then shading on another,then detail on the third visit and so on.

But to be honest that is not what i like to do.I am impatient and want the tat finished as soon as possible but if budget is a problem it is a way to get one done if you really want one.

It's going to cost the same if not more to have it that way so might as well just keep saving until I can afford to have it done in one go

it can't cost you more they will quote you on the full price and how much it will cost per session. most tattooist will do your tattoo in stages depending on the size as its better for all involved. my half arm had to be done in 3 sessions 1st one was the outline then had it shaded and the final session was to finish all the little bits and to patch up where i put my arm through a window :lol: