Test in a hurry

I'm going to live in Poland for a year, in around 6 weeks. I've checked, my CBT isn't recognised so unless I pass my full test sharpish I'll be stuck on a 50cc. Not a nice thought.

I haven't completed any part of the test at this time.

Do you think it's realistic to take all three parts within a 6 week period? Obviously, taking the next part would depend on success with the previous one. I'm confident of that but of course, there are no guarantees.

Does anyone know what waiting times there are at present (I live in Stockport) and if an element of the test can be cancelled/ put back if a previous one is failed?

Any ideas how you might approach this?

Thanks for your help.

Do you think it's realistic to take all three parts within a 6 week period?

my mod1 is taking 9 weeks from booking it till the test date, this is probably different depending where you live, but i would say there is not much chance of getting everything done within 6 weeks unless you do the direct access

Either way, get your theory done asap!

When booking, expand the area in which you can do it as much as you can and good luck :)

9 weeks waiting? my god!

Does anyone know how long the wait is in the Manchester area? Tried to go through part of the booking process to find out, but couldn't without a valid theory certificate...

9 weeks waiting? my god!

Does anyone know how long the wait is in the Manchester area? Tried to go through part of the booking process to find out, but couldn't without a valid theory certificate...

Your only (best) chance is to speak to some training companies in teh area. They will often block book well ahead and may have spare slots available that won't show on the DSA system.

I did it on my own at Farnborough.

Failed Mod 1 on 13th July.

Passed Mod 1 on 18th July

Passed Mod 2 on 24th July.

Easily possible to do it then. Have you thought about taking the test in Poland. Apparently it is far easier, and there are no 33bhp restrictions etc... Not sure if this is true but its what i've been told.

Who told you the CBT is not valid in Poland?

Update: Took and passed my theory on wednesday, booked it 2 days earlier. I have mod 1 booked for next tuesday, then mod 2 for the following wednesday. So if all goes well, and with a dose of luck, I'll have easily done it in time!