Clutch maybe?

Horseynat30101

Hello, was tinkering with the zxr today. More problems than i antisipated, but its meant to be a project afterall.

Gave up with trying to do the brakes as much of the screwdriven screws are just getting chewed up and rounded, so im going to wait for sam to get back from france at the weekend and we will start properly. He knows how to get rounded, broken bits off.

So i decided to ride it up and down the drive. Whilst doing so i noticed when pulling off the bike jerks like your not putting on enough revs, but i am. Im holding the clutch at the biting point with enough revs on and start moving forward but it jerks still. Im guessing clutch? ugh expensive thing to add to the list...... :roll:

Can anyone shed any light on this? and yeh youve guessed it i never took it for a test drive, or rode it at all when viewing. He did start it up from cold for abit though. Anyway thats not what this thread is about.

let it warm up which has already been said

when was the oil last changed? it might need new oil

personally i would check the action of the clutch lever cable and the clutch actuator followed by stripping the clutch and check the basket for signs of wear...the basket could be notched from lots of hard starts common on 400's which wont let the clutch plates move freely

once all this is done then i would change the oil as you may need to drop the oil again if it doesnt cure it so check what you can first it could save you buying new new oil :?

Can anyone shed any light on this? and yeh youve guessed it i never took it for a test drive, or rode it at all when viewing. He did start it up from cold for abit though. Anyway thats not what this thread is about.

I'd check the cheap things first, like chain tension, cush rubbers, oil change.