Wakefield test routes

Guest heneacc

Hi all, next week I've got my mod 2 in Wakefield... Does anyone have any info on the test routes... I would like a little bit of info to practise on my 125,, not from area,so would like to ride down this weekend and check area out :cheers:

Hi all, next week I've got my mod 2 in Wakefield... Does anyone have any info on the test routes... I would like a little bit of info to practise on my 125,, not from area,so would like to ride down this weekend and check area out :cheers:

Try... http://www.dropthel.com/testroutes/Wakefield_Motorcycle_Routes_30-34.pdf

But... I wouldn't rely on them too much, since the DSA changed the routes to allow for Independent Riding and no longer publish them which is why the link above is non-DSA. The reason they no longer publish them is simply that in their view candidates at test standard shoud be able to ride confidently and safely on all types of roads and in all types of traffic, even if they have never ridden that particular road before. Also, the routes are subject to change at the whim of the examiner for any or no reason at all.

Cheers, thanks for this info.. Fully understand that the DSA expectation is that you can ride on any road safely..

For me it's just a morale boost , just to ride the area and get feel for it,possibly find out some squeaky bum obstacles..

Appreciate the help.

Cheers, thanks for this info.. Fully understand that the DSA expectation is that you can ride on any road safely..

For me it's just a morale boost , just to ride the area and get feel for it,possibly find out some squeaky bum obstacles..

Appreciate the help.

No problem at all. Best of luck with the test 8-)

my training school do there tests in wakefield and i was told that they have around 79 different routes :shock:

so its pretty impossible to find out but my advice is go with a driving school maybe LSM in leeds and he will spend the time to point out where they will try and and catch you out. my instructor showed me a few places and a lot of people fail there just by not seeing what's in front of you and they usually take people there.

its a road that looks like the end of a normal road and people stop but what they fail to see is that its part of a slip road.

also study the road to and from asda they try and catch people out there when it splits into 3 lanes

and don't run a red light like i did :damn: :crybaby:

I would advise you just get on your bike and go everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. Make it test conditions, do your hillstarts and pull overs. Then after a while stop and think over what you did. Did you miss any life savers? Or as you are going along be your own examiner. Tell yourself out loud. Deliberately make it difficult. Go down roads you have never been on before. Once you have done that in a ten mile radius of your test centre you should feel much better. I was lucky on my car test in that the examiner did a near identical route my intructor taught me and my bike one was very similar too.

Always talk it through outloud. It really works. 8-)

Try... http://www.dropthel.com/testroutes/Wakefield_Motorcycle_Routes_30-34.pdf

But... I wouldn't rely on them too much, since the DSA changed the routes to allow for Independent Riding and no longer publish them which is why the link above is non-DSA. The reason they no longer publish them is simply that in their view candidates at test standard shoud be able to ride confidently and safely on all types of roads and in all types of traffic, even if they have never ridden that particular road before. Also, the routes are subject to change at the whim of the examiner for any or no reason at all.

Unfortunately these routes in the PDF are way out of date - I'm originally from Wakefield and I did my car test at this centre (Carr Gate) and this centre closed a few years ago. The new test centre is on a business park near J40 of the M1 near Ossett I think. As Bogof rightly says, the examiner can deviate from any known route regardless, so the merits of knowing specific routes are not always that beneficial.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All

Thanx for the great encouragement and support

Glad to report I passed my MOD 2 today in Wakefield

The examiner called Peter was brilliant ,,,really put me at ease...Within 2 minutes i was just riding along with a sat nav in my ear.

:cheers: :roll: :roll:

Chuffed to bits

Hello All

Thanx for the great encouragement and support

Glad to report I passed my MOD 2 today in Wakefield

The examiner called Peter was brilliant ,,,really put me at ease...Within 2 minutes i was just riding along with a sat nav in my ear.

:cheers: :roll: :roll:

Chuffed to bits

Well done you! :)