Got a new expensive hobby !

Horseynat30101

Whilst in the lakes as the weather was pants we decided to go to some indoor climbing centres, a few lessons later and also £300 later we have a new expensive hobby! Bloody brilliant though! And gets you fit :P

Was wondering if anyone else did wall/rock climbing?

Done a fair bit of climbing. Mainly indoor but spent a few weeks in Germany doing outdoor sport climbing and learning stuff for an instructors course. A great hobby, seen as there's loads of indoor centres now. The initial outlay can be steep but now you've got it that's it.

Guy

Done bits outdoor before and loved it! But they were supplied climbing equipment, would love to do it again!

Also tried kayaking and that was real good! Would love to do it through winter when theres less time on the bike but its not cheap! :(

I went indoor climbing for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was shitting it, but I actually enjoyed it and felt I'd achieved something when I got to the top of the walls. There was only one I couldn't do and that was a more advanced one that was hanging out so you need more developed muscles and better technique I think. I was scrambling up any way I could, lol! Might do it again one day as my little step-brother seems to love it and none of the olds would have a go, hehe!

I had no idea all the gear was so expensive. The kit was included in the price at the activity centre we went to. But I suppose it's like a lot of things, like biking, once you have the stuff, it'll hopefully last you a while.

I used to do alot of climbing and loved it. Outdoor stuff is by far the best in my opinion but indoor walls are great to learn on and develop your skills... alot more forgiving should you slip... limping 4 miles back to your car with a bad ankle isnt fun :lol: :lol:

I've been into climbing for years and love it, it can be expensive to start out but it doesn't have to be - start with bouldering, you only really need a pair of shoes and a chalk bag (even these will be considered luxury by many old school climbers) then move up.

Kayaking is another hobby of mine and that is expensive to start! At least (unlike climbing) you can buy some stuff second hand. kayaking can be quite posery so older model boats are often far cheaper :)

Not a very practical hobby for a bike though :-P

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Did an activity break at the YHA down in Oakhampton a couple of years back. One of the activities was rock climbing....which was fun apart from the fact that it was raining and my trainers didn't have the best sole for climbing. Did gorge scrambling, mountain biking, archery and body boarding/surfing too. Great fun....and a bit of a change from lounging on a beach for a week.... :lol: