Advanced training..

Been passed a couple of months now and still using 'the system' without the pressure of asessment and upcoming test its fantastic just to bimble along in a more relaxed mode and taking advantage of all the stuff you learn. I am certainly quicker now but also much, much safer with a heightened sense of awareness about everything.

• 4 months later...

Just a little update.......Been riding through the winter and its been excellent the last few weeks with dry roads galore. I've noticed now that since passing in September I am a lot quicker, not necessarily faster, in that everything is much smoother and my confidence has improved significantly, particularly getting the bike over in corners, its a long way down on a Tiger! Doing the IAM training really is worth it, I'm pondering on trying to become an assessor with YAM, thats if they get any associates to train........

• 3 weeks later...

I have always wanted to do this and it sounds great. Just getting back on the road now after a long break, I think it's probably the perfect time for me to get into it, once I have got a few weeks riding under my belt so I am a bit more 'up to speed' as they say.

Matt

Sounds good :D

I'm back on with my training now, finding it really helpful but I'm still super slow around tight bends in 30s and roundabouts.

Find a smooth quiet large ish one & go round & around & around, will build your confidence in yourself & your bike.

All advanced riding is worth doing, bike safe / blue riband/ i.a.m etc

I did the Blue riband instructor course some years back when I instructed, we did a very intense 4 day police course down south with the coppers, did some great riding, also over speed limit stuff which was great as we were riding with the bill and them radioing to other units that they are having a bit of fun so ignore 2 sportsbike riders giving it rice.. ;)

I still practice and help out mates now and then, we generally helped out either newish riders(6-12 months exp) or born again or mature riders that wanted to hone in on skills.

You learn everyday so any type of advanced skill is worth it.