Eyes...

Nogin

I have been suffering from bloody awful eye infections and now a twitch which you cannot see but I can feel!!! been to the Optician for my usual check up and he said its called a Myokymia, its frigging annoying has been going on for a week now. He said it could go on for months, just got to get rest and keep off the caffeine :shock:

I know riding and wind blowing on my eyes has been a problem and one of the reason why I keep getting eye infections.

Edited by Nogin

I suffer from the same twitching of the eye lid on my left eye......it normally comes on when I'm really tired ie: busy at work and not sleeping well.......

I got a pair of the foam backed sunglasses a couple of years back at the BMF show......they work really well (£15 as I remember).....but as Colin says you'd need some with interchangeable lenses for night riding. Or look at the glasses that cyclists wear, they're designed to keep wind and bugs out of your eyes and they may be cheaper than special bike glasses.

The reason you are susceptible to eye infections and are troubled by the wind is due to you having "dry eyes". This is where there is not enough oil in the tear film and it evaporates quicker than usual leading to drying out of the top layer of cells and hence the irritation and subsequent infection.

By using some eye drops to replace the oily layer in the tear film helps to minimise these nasty symptoms.

Hypromellose 0.5% eye drops from the chemist is a good one to start with. It is a lubricant not a medication so you can use it every 5 mins if you want.

Try it and see.

Just ask/pm if you need any other info. :D

i have had twitching under my eye for the last couple of weeks and it is bloody anoying. i have suffered in the past from this and people have told me that it is stress related. will this time it started while i was on holiday and my job/life is pretty good and i have nowt to be stressed about. mine is visible when i look in mirror. don't know what is causing it.