Cheesy Fingers!

ok so as the subject suggests im having trouble with my hands smelling after wearing my gloves! probably didnt help too much that we had a bloody heatwave when I picked up the bike after purchacing winter gear in preperation!

any tips or suggestions would be welcome

I wear thermal inner gloves in mine. I initially started this because my winter gloves are so thick, I would be sweaty by the end of most of my trips, and taking my gloves of would cause the liners that were now stuck to my stick fingers to turn inside out. Fun times.

The inners are washable and so cheap that I can actually wear them all summer long as well without getting too hot.

Failing that you could just wash your hands when you get off your bike, and try to refrain from sticking your nose in your gloves.

Just for the record I do wash my hands after I've had them on! Yeah the liners been turning inside out as well! Not much fun trying to get them back on after that! I suppose fabreze would work tho as apparently you can spray a bit round a crack den then blindfold ppl and it smells new so gloves should be easy?!

5 minutes before my Mod 2 I couldn't get my liner back in. Good idea is to use the clutch/brake handle or pull them all the way out.

I too had a problem with my hands smelling afterwards but soap and water and dont see why it metters cause no ones gonna smell it when im riding so... :)

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
I used one of those cans of shoe deoderiser. It helped a bit on my gloves but I think they were too far gone!!!!

I've heard of people putting their gloves in the freezer. Whether it works or not is another matter!

I was asking this a few days ago on chat, but if they are leather imo dont do it lol

And as for glove inners, if you mean the thermal things, I had them on when my gloves got wet, and have washed them since but I put them on and people could smell them from standing next to me and with my hands by my sides.. I have tried covering my hands in fabreeze as I cant spray it into the fingers, and then putting my hand in the glove. It seems to have helped a bit. If you wash your gloves, dont turn them inside out, I was told you will never get all the layers back to where they were by a guy at hein gericke

this might be an old wife tail but someone told me that if u put marshmallows soaked in gin overnight then that will eat the odur better than nething :?

and if not, I wouldnt mind eating the marshmallows... :lol: