will shops do anything to make money?

toon83

sent my headphones back as they were faulty. went in today and there in the sale section with a description of the fault :lol:

What do you expect them to do with them?

Bear in mind that an awful lot of electrical items are sold to retailers with a "bought-out" guarantee, which essentially means that they have NO redress to the manufacturer in the event of returns. Amstrad used to do that a lot in the early days of satellite.

I think he may be hoping they repaired them? Not sold them???

yes or even sent them back to aiaiai. i was shocked to see them for sale as they are pretty much useless unless your rather def in 1 ear. they fire out some decent sound in 1 ear but the other plays at the lowest volume possible and at times you wonder if its on at all

sent my headphones back as they were faulty. went in today and there in the sale section with a description of the fault :lol:

What do you expect them to do with them?

Repaired them or recycled the materials.

Retail stores are struggling as it is... if I owned a shop I'd be very careful not to tarnish my image by selling on obviously faulty returned goods at knock-off prices. Bad form.

yes or even sent them back to aiaiai. i was shocked to see them for sale as they are pretty much useless unless your rather def in 1 ear. they fire out some decent sound in 1 ear but the other plays at the lowest volume possible and at times you wonder if its on at all

I take it they were under warranty and you got a new pair instead?

the old pair aren't useless to someone with the same model and fault as yours! You don't have to be an Einstein to work out you can swap parts to get 1 good working pair of headphones from 2 faulty ones.

Everyone is having to tighten their belts in this recession so fair play to the shop for replacing your headphones with a new pair then saving themselves money by not paying to have them recycled but selling the faulty pair on to someone who can make use of the spare parts.

"Needs must" as they say :wink:

Comet are doing similar through their back door, they have an Ebay account where they sell the working circuit boards they've removed from LCD/Plasma TV's that were beyond economic repair.

I take it they were under warranty and you got a new pair instead?

the old pair aren't useless to someone with the same model and fault as yours! You don't have to be an Einstein to work out you can swap parts to get 1 good working pair of headphones from 2 faulty ones.

Everyone is having to tighten their belts in this recession so fair play to the shop for replacing your headphones with a new pair then saving themselves money by not paying to have them recycled but selling the faulty pair on to someone who can make use of the spare parts.

"Needs must" as they say :wink:

Comet are doing similar through their back door, they have an Ebay account where they sell the working circuit boards they've removed from LCD/Plasma TV's that were beyond economic repair.

there just low end in ear headphones that can be bought new from ebay for £13 so not really worth repairing.

there just low end in ear headphones that can be bought new from ebay for £13 so not really worth repairing.

Nope at that price they certainly aren't worth repairing, (in your reply to Nogin tho you said you thought they'd repair them or send them back to Aiaiai :? )

There are people who still ask for single piece earphones for various applications but the product isn't around so much now, so this clearly marked display item could be a God send eh :wink:

You could rewrite your title to be........

will shops do anything to provide a service?