marco simoncelli RIP

toon83

I couldn't believe it, when I saw the crash and then him on the floor my heart plummeted :(

Normally when something like this happens I feel sad, but with Marco it really really upset me almost to the point of tears. I think it was because he was my favorite rider of the pack, like many people. His charismatic personality and how he was so chilled out about any situation. He was a rising star in moto gp and a fantastic rider!

And spare a thought for both Edwards & Rossi. I can't imagine what they're going through :(

He will be sorely missed by all.

Rest in peace Marco #58 :(

Edited by griffo

so another sad day in motorsport draws to a close...

so sad...how quickly life can change for so many people. Thoughts go out to his family, the team and of course to Colin and Rossi.

we will see if Rossi carries on...I will be very surprised if Rossi rides in Valencia.....

RIP #58

Usually I slate BBC for its motoGP coverage, however well done for not going down the SKY route of showing endless replays and appreciating the situation for what it was.

Absolutely gutted, never heard about it until 1pm when my mum and dad arrived and told me!

Rossi has twittered his sadness at the loss of his friend but I think he will continue, Valencia will be so sad.

RIP #58 You were a hero to many of us and thank you for the entertainment you gave us, you will be missed, sleep tight!

I fully expect Rossi to call it a day, to be honest. That's got to play on your mind when it wasn't one of your closest friends, whether true or not he's going to blame himself for killing Marco.

He was such an injection of life into what was at risk of becoming quite a sterile series.

What worries me: is this just going to give ammo to those calling for motorsports to be banned?

Riposa in pace, Marco

What worries me: is this just going to give ammo to those calling for motorsports to be banned?

I did read on in the comments section of the daily mails report on Marcos death that one person said the sport should be banned, nice to see no one agreed.

why should it be banned? They have so much skill and their saftey equipment is so advanced. They are more likely to be killed if they got on a road legal bike and rode it on the public road. Motogp is safe in comparison to road riding!

its ridiculous to say the sport should be banned... motorsport is dangerous... fact... thats why riders ride and drivers drive... adrenaline

i really feel for edwards and rossi... rossi's body language on the bike after riding the bucking bronco spoke volumes... he knew what had happened (initially it looked to me as if he only bounced off edwards and not made contact with marco)... and its was going to be bad.

i really felt for marco's girlfriend who was shown in the pits gasping after the accident, and also edwards who sat/stood there motionless... that reminded me of a driver in F1 who saw a marshall get ripped to shreds after running across the track with a fire extinguisher.

i hope rossi doesn't quit, but i think he may.

Watched the events with my daughter, she felt physically sick when she saw what happened.

Terrible loss of such a young man with a huge future ahead of him :( I will miss seeing that hair flying out of the back of his helmet.

As has been said, Edwards & particularly Rossi must be feeling devastated at how this happened. I also feel for Bautista, as he and Marco were having a really hard-fought battle immediately before Marco crashed.

R.I.P young man! :(

Guest philgale

Terrible news this, its strange how you feel like you know them personally after watching them week in week out, really felt sick when i saw the incident and when they eventually told everyone. I think he would of been fine if he didn't try to save it, keeping the wheels on the ground is what took him back across the track instead of sliding away to the gravel.

RIP Marco....a future GP world champion taken too early :(

http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/marco-simoncelli-slide.jpg