New revolutionary product.

Guest SiberiusX

I have driven a car with a HUD which simply displayed the speed and I found it extremely distracting. My eyes were constantly drawn to it and I more often than not ended up looking at pretty green numbers rather than the road ahead! :shock: Being on a motorbike you have much more to be thinking about and looking for than you do in a car and having information on the visor 2 inches from my eyes would simply get in the way all the time.

A pointless exercise in my opinion. The nature and cost of the exercise will place it out of the reach of most, and those who most likely could afford it like to ride bikes, and not look at a heads up display on your visor shouting " I'll be Back" in a Austrian accent.

:tumble:

I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree with the above - I wouldn't want to have to try and focus on something 2 inches from my face, and I think it would cause more visibility problems than it would solve. If it sticks on the outside of the visor it'll get scratched, soaked and splattered with bugs. On the inside it'll get in the way of the anti-fog Pinlock insert. Visors are a disposable item, they get changed and replaced often.

• 3 weeks later...
will you actually make this product or is it just theory for your course.

Flexible displays have been created but are not commericially available yet just to let you know

Sorry for late replay... this is meant to be for a group project for my business module, but the concept has been fully examined and it's viable.

Your responses are very important.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HGG2LPW

Thank you