FML -life update/rant

mealexme

So some of you know I was due to move house. Wanted to build a house next to the current one on the lawn, and sell it with planning permission. Got an architec to design the plans etc etc, planning permsion obtained and a buyer on the line. All going well so far, untill the buyer looks through the paperwork and sports something our solicitors/council/everyone else has missed. The covernant says you cannot build a house on the garden.

Solicotor tells us its fine, 9 times out of 10 the covonant is lifted if you ask them to, 1/10 they ask for a few hundered quid, no big deal... (At this point I should tell you that on a property you usually look at getting a third of the price you sell it for as profit). Today we get a phonecall from the solicitor. He tells us he has been in contact with the people who put the covenent on and they want a third of the price it sells for... Thats ALL the profit you would make, and its more than we would make if we sold it with planning permission, so definately not paying it...

F*CK IT!

In short, were not moving, but thats fine because I like this house, its hidden away unlike the house we were going to buy (which has damp, needs new doors, stairs, an inside wall moving etc etc) and is on a mainish road and next to a primary school...

Plus its cheaper on insurance here, dont have to pay fees or faf around for changing my address on my licence, insurance, bank detatils etc so its not all bad

if you knew all that in the first place why did you bother looking to move lol.

we didnt know in the begining, only after we had viewed houses and found somewhere we liked, and someone was going to buy ours and the paperwork was sent off, the people buying ours noticed the covenant :/ Oh well.

Our estate agents rang today after my mum, and so have the estate agents of the people we are buying off, and they say "its important" so it sounds like they could be pulling out anyway... Never mind