Dry master cylinder & calipers before fitting new lines?

XmisterIS

I stripped out my old brake lines a couple of weeks ago, in readiness for fitting the new lines - the trouble was that when I got the new lines out of the box they didn't fit!

Since then I've had no end of trouble trying to get the right lines. I've finally got a set on order that I hope will fit (here's hoping!!!).

The trouble is that in the last two weeks, my master cylinder and calipers have been "open" as it were, with no lines attached. I've stuffed loads of kitchen roll into the master cylinders and also used it to plug the calipers, plus I've wrapped the covers and gaskets for the master cylinders in loads of bog roll, plus the bike is in my garage, but the air is so damp all the time and the garage is unheated, I wonder if I should warm the calipers and master cylinder with a hair dryer to get all possible moisture out before fitting new lines?

Or just not bother and just go ahead and fit the new lines?

Try and keep them out of the damp take indoors moisture not good for brake systems. On refitting fitting give them a good flush through with new brake fluid

warming them up will cause them to create more moisture better off just drying them off with a dry cloth

How does that work then?! :scratch:

Unless you really heat them up the condensation will form on any bits of cold metal from the warm air. How about tie plastic bags around them and put some of that silicon dessicant bags inside. You know the little bags that come in the packaging for electrical and other moisture sensitive stuff.