Today I bought a new...

davefly76

..car! 8-) Cue boo's, hissing and hides from an irate crowd throwing rotten tomato's and cabbage. :lol:

To be fair, I haven't owned one for more than two years and I'm fed up of getting soaked 3 times a day on my push bike!

So here it is... A 2000 Golf GTi bought for the princely sum of £600 :D

photo.JPG.ae1e4ada778273b01918d8e159e25fd7.JPG

looks like a good deal .... I was thinking about a smart car for when the weather is REALLY bad ! :oops:

Hehe those Smart cars aren't too bad really. I drove one when they first came out, nippy little buggers around town. The old folks on the bus I overtook must have had bit of a shock to see me passing them in something only slightly bigger than a roller skate :lol:

yea, £600? Sounds a bit cheap. They go like stink! Well the neighbours did when he gave me a lift to school in the rain... Fun times

Different engines Alex. :wink: Mine is the 2.0 version, only 115bhp. Some of them had 1.8 turbo's with up to 180bhp. They did a 150bhp diesel :!: as well :|

Yeah its cheap for the car, most seem to go for around £1500 but I found this one with 192k miles :shock: with MOT till August and a months tax :D I don't really need a car, I can get about without one but at least it gives me another option when its crappy weather. I no longer have to be a bus w**ker :lol:

yea, £600? Sounds a bit cheap. They go like stink! Well the neighbours did when he gave me a lift to school in the rain... Fun times

Different engines Alex. :wink: Mine is the 2.0 version, only 115bhp. Some of them had 1.8 turbo's with up to 180bhp. They did a 150bhp diesel :!: as well :|

Yeah its cheap for the car, most seem to go for around £1500 but I found this one with 192k miles :shock: with MOT till August and a months tax :D I don't really need a car, I can get about without one but at least it gives me another option when its crappy weather. I no longer have to be a bus w**ker :lol:

:( Fair enough, his was one of the more powerful ones I believe. I dont think it was a turbo, so must have been a diesel. Still a nice car though. And keeps you dry, and warmer than a bus would!

:( Fair enough, his was one of the more powerful ones I believe. I dont think it was a turbo, so must have been a diesel. Still a nice car though. And keeps you dry, and warmer than a bus would!

Not trying to nitpick, but the diesel is also a turbo :wink: and I won't have to sit next to smelly people, dodge push chairs the size of the starship enterprise or listen to chavs, innit bruv?

:cheers:

just dont be as much as a kn*b as this golf driver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qcsFD3 ... r_embedded

I think if I was the biker in that clip I would have just let him go and pull in behind. The Golf driver probably thought the biker cut him up (even though he was driving across the chevron section) :roll:

And no, I won't :wink: