Start of Season Meet Sunday 8 April Rutland Water

TC is organizing a run down (up) to Rutland Water on the 8th April.....so it would be nice to go up and meet him and any others that fancy heading there.

So if anyone from this region is up for it lets set off from Hartford Marina (and get the Tag if you don't already have it) at 10:00. I'm guessing we'll go up the old A1 to Stilton....but I'm a bit sketchy on the route from there....so anyone who knows a good route and can get Google maps to do what they want could post it in this thread.

Anyone who's interested in the run post your names in the thread:

Cheers.

Tango

BonnieBird

Edited by Tango

From what I hear of the End of Season meet we may want to break the group up into several smaller groups if enough people are coming on this. And maybe split it into groups for Faster riders and Slower Riders....just so that the guys who want to go a bit quicker don't feel held back by slower riders and slower riders don't feel that they are being pressured to keep up and ride beyond their comfort zone.

This is in no way encouraging riders to break any speed limits.....but enables those who would prefer to bimble along and enjoy the scenery to not feel pressured to ride beyond their limits.....and those that want to get there quicker so's they can get the teas in are not held back..... :wink:

Put your name to whatever group you would feel most comfortable in:

Faster Group.

Slower Group.

Tango

BonnieBird

I am abroad and turning back late that night... Gutted. :((

Hey that's a shame Seawolf.....but there will be plenty of other opportunities for ride outs I hope through the summer. I guess you won't be coming on the Southend Shakedown on the Monday either then?

I am abroad and turning back late that night... Gutted. :((

Hey that's a shame Seawolf.....but there will be plenty of other opportunities for ride outs I hope through the summer. I guess you won't be coming on the Southend Shakedown on the Monday either then?

Oh I missed that one - Let me locate it in the forum, might come (+1 - TBC)...

Thanks for that Tango. :cheers:

Hi

First post, which makes me feel old!!

Thanks Tango, I'll be there

After many years on 600 sports I go and get my first grown up bike this week, a Hayabusa. I shall get the cobwebs blown out by April, hopefully!!

Thanks Neil......it will just give us an idea of who's coming if guys put their names on the list.

That's a shame Ben......hope the leg heals OK and you can get back on the bike by the summer.

No probs Roy......we know you're an unsociable g*t...... :lol: :lol:

Terryr555.....be great to have you along for the run.....you may have to wait for us at all the junctions on the 'busa though...... :wink:

Darren.....what bike will you be bringing?....I assume you sold the Fazer....or did you overwinter it at your mates place?

got meself a cheap little 600 fazer bit of a come down but saving to buy a house ,you know how it is. lets hope its a nice day. :D

Nice one Darren.....bit cheaper to run than the 1000...... :wink:

Be good to see you again mate..... 8-)

• 2 weeks later...
well im still coming... TC are we meeting at markeaton mc donalds again ??

Yes cat here's the route i'm taking down, the googlemaps link is in there.

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 16&t=43485

Going to get some challenge tags as well

The vic pub

Donnington park

and MFN (probably) on the way back.

Not forgetting the Crazy fox at rutland :cheers:

Just bumping this to get an idea of who's gonna be coming along..... 8-)

Think we'll depart Hartford Marina around 10:30 so we can get to the Crazy Fox and drink all the tea before TC arrives..... 8-)

:stupid:

What happened to the 'fast & slower' grouping? Or, will we 'sort it' at the Marina?

PS. Please can we avoid the deisel spill on the A47 junction and the dead badger at South Luffenham cross-roads.

:up:

Definitely GOG........unless we make a wrong turn at Scotch Corner....... :lol: