Single Person Tent

Guest NickJ

Hello all, has anyone got any good reviews advice for single person tents? I Need to keep size/weight down to a minimum (as well as cost.....) Im going to a rally (Bum in the mud) and need the tent for then but dont want to ride with a backpack....

Yeah, minimum of a two man, pref with a lean to outside the inner tent , for luggage/wet storage. Try to keep width down(when in bag) as well as weight. Buy the highest waterproofing figure you can afford, 3000ish? :mrgreen:

Cannot reccomend the Gelert Solo enough. I have one, cost £25 including p&p brand new, you'd think for that price it would be crap but it realy isn't! I've used it camping plenty and recently 1000m up in the snow on aonach mor and its been brill! Tight inside if your anything over 6' but theres enough room under it for your gear too, i can get my 80l bergan under the canopy of it. The poles are abit flimsey but so long as your careful pitching it you should be fine. I can't wait to start using mine at rallies!!!! :)

You usually only find out how good a tent is when it's raining and blowing a gale. Buy one with the highest rating you can afford, also light and compact. Some good stuff on eBay. :mrgreen:

I got this tent Coleman 2 berth and found it very portable and lightweight, packs up really small. It just about copes with one person and all their bike gear, and is waterproof (tested out in last year's rally :mrgreen: ).

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for the Vango Tempest (although I went for the 3 man as I'm no stranger to a square meal and usually cart lots of stuff around with me).

The only thing I don't like is the way the front 'door' manages to dump rain on you if you haven't perfected the 'Vango Flick'. Also, get some different tent pegs, the ones that come with the tent are crap.

Otherwise it's brilliant, packs down to a reasonable size, actually does go up in 10-15 mins, isn't that heavy and is very stable once it's up and the tension straps inside are adjusted to suit.

The model I got is down in price as it's so last season dahling: http://www.nevisport.com/pr/2009/tempest-300-tent

The new one is here, looks like they've altered the door flap: http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-tempe ... nt-p139967

HTH!

• 3 weeks later...