About to start my lessons

Guest jarv8185

Hi all,

Im thinking about doing my lessons, Im from Northumberland and wounder if anyone could tell me of any good bike schools around here?

Also I was thinking of doing my theory test first so I could concentrate on my practical lessons there after. Just unsure if your CBT certificate is a requirement for the theory test?

Could anyone help me with this???

Thanks

Jarv

Ello and welcome :D

I can't help you with which bike school to use, but you do need to do your cbt and your theory before you can take your practical module 1 and 2 tests - they ask to see your cbt certificate along with your driving licence and theory certificate before both modules. Hope that helps. :D

edit - forgot to say you don't need to have done your cbt in order to do your theory

Ello and welcome :D

I can't help you with which bike school to use, but you do need to do your cbt and your theory before you can take your practical module 1 and 2 tests - they ask to see your cbt certificate along with your driving licence and theory certificate before both modules. Hope that helps. :D

edit - forgot to say you don't need to have done your cbt in order to do your theory

Cheers for the reply, I just keep thinking about it and thought if I got rid of that straight away I can concentrate on learning.

I think its a great idea to do the theory before you get out on the roads.

Some people I know have advised I get on the roads first but, I already drive a car so my road awareness gives me better stance on positioning and understanding road users to a certain extent.

But I just think learning to ride first, then do my theory might not be a good approach for me. It makes sense to me to complete the clinical classroom stuff first so I can commit to a constant learning curve on the road. Or is that over analysing?

I'd agree, get it out of the way. You won't have to learn two things at once, that way. Was how I did it, anyway. The last thing I wanted after 2 hours sheer concentration was to then have to come back to a computer and revise theory test questions.