Removal of front wheel

DG

Hi

Any of you speed demons taken ya front wheel off? Is it easy? do you have to do anything with the brakes? Will the pistons close up and be a bugger to put the wheel back on?

Please help! :?

Cheers

Gav

dont know about the bike you got the ones iv had its been very easy to take the front wheel off. the brakes wont close up unless put the brakes on so whot ever you do not put the brakes on as you well pop the pistons out and that is a ar*ehole of a job to put them back in!! to put the wheel back on get a clean spaner (or something with no oil on) put between the brake pads push the pistons back in ( so you are opening up the gap for the discs to fit in between the brakepads that should make it alot easyer to put the wheel back on hope this helps

u need to take front callipers off first... usually 2 bolts on each side... then loosen main spindle bolt for wheel... pop up on a front paddock stand and remove spindle.. hey ho.. wheel is out..

to put back.. do same in reverse order..

u shouldnt neet to re-bleed brakes as piston will not genrally move unless u pull front brake.. even so.. gently prise pads open with a screwdriver till 1 edge fits over disc then should slide on easy enough..

Thanks for your help fellas

looks like I'll be able to do the job myself, now off to look for a set of tyres.

Cheers

Gav

if u get stuck... gis a shout.. am only down road in taddy..

Never done it myself...

But i fink, when you put it back on, tighten the spindle nut(s) with a

torque wrench to the specified foot/pounds Newton/Metres... So you know

it's properly secure....

Thats right innit Pidmeister?

BFM in shipley (where Allan Jeffries used to be) also do ride in ride out and have good prices. Nigel

Eee I'm slow on the uptake... Didn't realise they were in Jefferies old gaff..

Bought my first bike from there Kwak H100....

Eee... back in the day......... :shock: OOPS....

Caught in a time-warp again :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget after tighting everything up, to pump up the brakes, its not a nice feeling having the lever coming back to bars and not being able to stop

Don't forget after tighting everything up, to pump up the brakes, its not a nice feeling having the lever coming back to bars and not being able to stop

lol ask stu_m about that after he did his brakes.........and hurtled at silly speed into the garage, nearing the back of my ninja :shock:

:lol: :lol:

yeah had wheels off to do front tyre pushed pads back and forgot to pump them back up before been lazy and riding bike in the garage at silly speed

hit the front brake and it just came back to the bar :? :shock: :?

good job the back brake worked :lol: