MOD 2 - Observations

'noon all!

I have got my MOD2 coming up in just over a weeks time and i have been visulaising certain procedures to drill them in mentally, however there are 2 areas that are a little grey when i read what others have posted, these are junction/traffic lights and round abouts (both observatrion issues)

A junctions i would...

Mirror, signal and reduce speed and stop (minor to major) right left right, pull out cancel indicator, Mirrors, rear glance and accelerate

Roundabouts,

MSM and lifesaver (if lane positions requires changing) ,left or straight on i would Mirror, indicate and a right hand life saver upone changing road position. right hand turn a left hand lifesaver.

The bit i am unsure of is when leaving the junction or traffic lights do i need to make and life savers or rearward glances?

Many thanks

Gaz

i asked something simliar not long ago...

when you move from a stop you should do a lifesaver/backwards glance over both shoulders. i.e at traffic lights and also at junctions if you come to a complete stop.

when leaving a roundabout after moving off from a completey stop, i dont think doing rearward glances are neccessary.

im sure somebody else will chime in.

Thats cleared alot up, cheers!

so at a junction/lights

mirror(s), signal, stop, right left right, if clear a look over both shoulders and pull away. cancel indicator, mirrors and life saver then accelerate

The procedure is OSM/PSL when coming to a junction/roundabout etc.

Observations - left right mirror

Signal

Move into your new lane Position ready to turn BUT BEFORE YOU MOVE - LIFESAVER

Speed - adjust it

Look - if it's clear then go (at a give way) if not, stop

Moving from the junction you do not need to check mirrors or look behind.

Out of the junction - cancel indicator, mirror check and away. No lifesaver.

Remember there is an extra lifesaver when turning right major to minor.

Pulling away after stopping at lights you just need a left right mirror check, do not need to look behind.

You check mirrors and do a lifesaver and when you sacrifice that safe position in the centre of the lane either moving left or right. You check the mirrors when you change speed.