Possible issue?

Boro Jake

On startup my downpipes 3 & 4 seem to heat up ALOT faster than 1 & 2 i can't hear any blowing of any sort and i've only recently changed the plugs.

Is this normal or would it suggest carbs balanced? Bike runs find and seems to jump 100-200rpm on idle.

And its running fine on all 4cylinders :)

whats the mileage when was last time it had service including air filter and carb balance if ever?

Carbs Balance as in years is unknown, last service history i managed to find was at 9,000 miles (previous owner lost it)

I service it regulary, recently ive changed the plugs filter and oil.

Would explain why i can only achieve 47mpg and other fazer riders get 55+

Is the bike Carb or Fuel Injected? Either way it could do with the carbs balanced or the throttle bodies synchronized. And, as EAB says, when was the air filter last replaced or cleaned? And how about valve clearances? If you have a negative clearance on one of the cylinders you could be getting combustion in the headers. Probably worth checking it out just in case..... :wink: