leathers help

hey guys. as I have been riding for a good two or three years I thought I should pull my finger out and buy some leather trousers. I have tried on a load (not at the same time obviously) and found some are too big, others too small, some my legs fit but stomach doesn't, others my stomach fits but my legs don't, some have armor for my knees that are on my shins etc. anyway I found a brand that would fit but they didn't have the right size so I ordered some online. they arrived yesterday and I tried them on. perfect apart from one thing. they end at my ankles. then I got to thinking. if I buy normal trousers, ending at my ankles is too short. is this the same with leathers or are they designed to be shorter because they are designed to fit in motorbike boots that have ankle protection, and if they were any longer they would get in the way? I don't have full bike boots with ankle protection so I can't test the theory. I do have bike boots but they are more like workman boots with zips and extra parts for the gear shifter etc.

anyway back to the question. are they too short or is that how they should be?

If i pull mine down to cover my ankles, the zip on my boot wont do up, so i pull them up to a couple of inches above the nobly boney bit which allows my knee to bend more freely and allows the boots to do up.

what brand did you go for in the end??