Beaten by an oil change

polecat

As a footnote to this thread .....

I took the bike to the bike shop today and presented him with my Tesco OIL and was promptly told "I aint putting that in its car oil"

The first thought is he is trying to sell me oil but I actually trust these guys !

Anyway he then showed me paperwork from a job where a fairly new bike was on the verge of engine failure so they sent the oil in it away for analysis and the results stated that the aditives in the oil would lead to total failure of the engine if this was continued to be used.

So where they used to say any engine oil could be used they now only use bike specific oil in bikes

I know this has been debated many times but its My bike and I want it to last, so I paid up for the new oil and took home the tesco oil for the C1 !

Anyway as predicted the sump plug was almost welded to the sump and he had a hell of a job getting it off so well worth the £18 labour charge and for good measure he checked the whole bike over and gave it a clean bill of health :D

Result "!"

All that sweat and tears for 18quid!! LOL... good to have a guy you can trust whos cheap too...

At those prices, you never need to get your hands dirty again! :cheers:

Guest Hodgy

Glad they got it sorted for you, and for that money better than struggling and ending up damaging more parts.

As far a oil goes, and I know what's been said before, but I would never use car oil in a bike, even if it's just for piece of mind :thumb: