is my battery done (and well done team gb! )?

illvibetip

My bike has been stripped for 2 months and the battery has been sitting in the kitchen. I bought the battery 4 months ago and have ridden about 800kms on it.

Yesterday, I re-attached the battery and the bike wouldnt start. The horn is very weak when i press it so Im assuming its a problem with the battery (however the indicators/neutral light) are still working). I cant bump start the bike either (though it does tick over a few times now and again).

I just wanted you advice before i go out and buy other battery as I have a/no way of recharging it and b/ im not fit enough to try to bump start it again like today (because the hospital bill will be more than the price of a new battery).

So do you think my battery is dead or is it mucky carbs?

thanks very much in advance (and well done team GB!)

if it is barely turning the engine over or not turning it at all then it does sound like the battery has gone flat but it might be cheaper to buy a charger instead of a new battery and then you have it for life if you have any bike off the road for a while

I just wanted you advice before i go out and buy other battery as I have a/no way of recharging it

Don't go out and buy a new battery, go out and buy a battery charger.

ha ha, not likely but i can pick up a new battery here (in Korea) for about 10 quid. A battery charger will cost me about 40 or 50 (skewed economics).

Anyway, thanks for the advice folks

(Jebus ! They are cheap as chips on Amazon!).