82 members have voted

1. 1. Have you by accident.....

• Popped a wheely?
    • Had a stoppy?
    • Got your peg down?
    • Got your knee down?
    • Got the back to slide out?
    • Left the ground and flown?
    • Left a great big skid mark (on the road)?
    • None of above.

First peg down was on a 1978 MZ TS 150 two up on the way to Frankley services to play the bandits, it misfired on the way back so a swan vestas packet reset the spark gap. I 'm taking the fifth on all other incidents after this :cheers:

I don't think knee down or peg down are something that you would do by accident, you have to be pretty committed to do either.

You'd be surprised.

Last month I washed my textile trousers for the first time in about 6 months, and at the same time cleaned & polished my bike.

The result of that was that I had no grip at all on the tank with my knees and my trousers were sliding around all over my seat.

My ride to work involves a nice little stretch of road with a few long, sweeping bends where I normally get close to getting my knee down. That day though because of the complete lack of grip with every part of my bike I took one bend as normal but half way around slid sideways off the seat and ended up with my knee down without meaning to!

ok , have ticked 4 of the boxes, and yes all accidentally...popped a totally unintended clutch wheelie on my 125 marauder ( lol, yes really)...

slid the back more times than i care to remember , on both the tcat, and then once or twice on the r6( mostly novice gear change mistakes on the tcat,,, on the r6 it was stamping on the rear brake in the wet... one of which was while heading for the hairpin at cadwell , lots of giggling followed hehehe)

left the ground briefly over a hump somewhere on the way to tan hill following the lovelyTC , whilst also avoiding a multitude of sheep...oh, and also had full luggage on at the time

and skidmarks on the road... ermmm , yeah,,, following my mate john ( a not quite right in the head road racer) round the north circular for the first time...95 in a 40 zone( made that up, if theres any lovely policemen reading this), then noticed a red light far too late ...ooops... very proud of the fact i actually stopped with only a very small part of the bike over the line... tho i was hyperventilating quite well, and very impressed that the bike was still upright, tho less impressed that i'd stalled it and was at a standstill with the bike still in gear, which then means a very ungainly shuffle across the bike to change feet and sort it out!!!

Wheelied the bandit by accident when I first rode it properly after buying it.

Done many awesome accidental things in the triumph. Accidental drift round a corner when it was more slippy than expected. That was kinda cool, probably one of my fave moments. Wasn't too scary either which was rather suprising, but there was no traffic so that may have been why

As for general skidding, when I come back of a night shift and am feeling lazy, I tend to 180 skid the bike round. The drive comes off the road and is grave and fairly narrow, so sometimes instead of reversing down it, just drive into it and skid round. But yeah try not to do it because dont want to mess my tires up too much. So yeah for lazy days only that one.

But yeah... Good topic. All part of it really. :)

So you've all done accidental things that have been awesome... but have many of you have done accidental things that have turned out to be pants? Every time someone says they've hurt themselves on...or indeed off a motorbike, they make it sound like it was cool and use it as bragging rights. I won't be boasting about my month of crapness so far to anyone! Oh well, it's certainly been an unforgettable honeymoooon in that sense! Lol :violin:

Yep, me all know about MY moment. Thing is falling off BLOODY hurts. A LOT. but then, that's why we get an adrenaline rush from riding, cos it feels dangerous!

I'd say I get an adrenaline rush cos it's unbelievably fun not cos it's dangerous. I feel nervous whenever I feel I'm in danger! :bike: still quite a newbie tho!

Yes Moo, but on a psychological level, the 'fun' you are talking about is partly to do with endomorphines being released into your brain, because you in a 'risky situation'. Now, how risky it actually IS is down to your riding skill and ability (and desire to break the law too). What we are looking for is the middle ground where our brain gives us the happy feeling, without us actually being in too much danger.

Adventure sports are the realm of adrenaline junkies, I have seen a programme about how their brains are basically broken and they don't get the normal feeling of fun/adrenaline until they are hanging off a cliff by their left toe. Welcome to it!