Kawasaki Demo Weekend Sat 16/Sun 17 March

Throttled

• 2 weeks later...

We can't do saturday. Wonder what the forecast is... Will let you know if we are heading up :)

The ride outs are guided as they were when they did the on the road tour from the Green Welly which was really good :)

Since the weather was a bit damp, lots of bikers stayed at home to polish their chrome bits. That meant I could pick any bike I wanted to and so had a test ride in the Versys 1000, Z800 and Z1000SX on my own for half an hour each.

The Versys 1000 is very like mine, but the engine is immense. The torque and lack of stress meant that on the first bit of road I was on when I glanced at the speedo I was doing 50 in a 30mph limit. The ergonomics and ride are just like the Versys 650 and even though it is a bigger bike it does not feel it.

The Z800 was a strange experience. It is so small that sat on it I cannot see any of it, including the mirrors. I was aware I was riding a motorbike, I just could not see it!. It is rock hard to sit on and ride, it is planted and the opposite to the Versys so I was doing 30mph when I thought I must be doing 50mph. It was fun round the block, but not for me.

The Z1000SX was more my size. It had 26 miles on the clock and so I took it easy. But even using top gear and revs up to 4000 I did a multi car overtake on a straight bit of A road and felt the power going onto the motorway. Stick bar risers on it and some decent weather and I could see me doing stuff I would lose my licence to.

Overall, a brilliant day and it confirmed that with the Versys 650 I bought exactly the right bike for me.

Overall, a brilliant day and it confirmed that with the Versys 650 I bought exactly the right bike for me.

Well.....that was Lucky...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Nice reviews though Throttled.....and glad you had a good day.......and didn't drop any of them..... :wink:

I was down there today aswell but didn't test ride anything i really like the look of the Z800 its a nice looking bike just a pity about the weather!

The weather was fine! Nothing wrong the weather at all! I have since read on the Versys forum that some dealers cancelled because of the rain. Poofters!

The Z800 does look superb, just a shame you can't see any of it when riding it. It felt like I was being shot face first out of a cannon.

Well.....that was Lucky...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Nice reviews though Throttled.....and glad you had a good day.......and didn't drop any of them..... :wink:

I don't drop them. They fall over of their own accord. :up:

I reaaaaaally want to go, but... I am a fair weather biker and my kit... well apparently I've had a few too many pies of late as I found out when going to collect my bike during the week :oops:

I reaaaaaaally want to try the z1000sx!

:( :( :( :( :(

I am looking at big black clouds and the rain has been on and off so far :( With St Mirren in the cup final today many locals have other plans. I feel sorry for MCS with the effort they have gone to and all those beautiful bikes waiting for someone to ride them.

It was Kircaldy Kawasaki we were going to book with and the forecast is worse for there than for glasgow. Glasgow still not great though :/

Even if my trousers weren't currently cutting me in half, Eds not been on his bike since sept and doesn't fancy the first ride out being on a brand new demo bike on a cold and wet day! Oh well, maybe next time!