What type of oil for a GSX 600 F 1998?

min200

What a great first post. No intro , no thanks for having me here, just straight into a question and then you'll probably be off until you need summat else.

EVER HEARD OF GOOD MANNERS :evil: :evil: :evil:

What a great first post. No intro , no thanks for having me here, just straight into a question and then you'll probably be off until you need summat else.

What a great welcome! I didn't realise I had to give my life's story as soon as I had arrived. I've been signed on for a while now and just because I havn't said alot so far should not go against me.

With forum warriors like yourself who are super brave gobbing off behind the safety of the keyboard I am surprised you have as many members here as you do.

Is this clown the norm here or have I just managed to find the local troll?

What a great welcome! I didn't realise I had to give my life's story as soon as I had arrived. I've been signed on for a while now and just because I havn't said alot so far should not go against me.

With forum warriors like yourself who are super brave gobbing off behind the safety of the keyboard I am surprised you have as many members here as you do.

Is this clown the norm here or have I just managed to find the local troll?

Mega's just grumpy because he hasn't got out on his bike enough:lol:

He's normally very helpful

I'm guessing 10W40 semi or fully synthetic - Haynes manual always a good idea

Welcome to the forum BTW

Hey....lets calm down a bit here guys...... :shock:

Oil is a subject that has been debated in length on here.......the consensus seems to be Castrol GTX is more than good enough in most peoples eyes......but if you feel the need (and I usually do) get some bike specific oil....like Motul 5100..... :wink:

The stuff to avoid is the expensive car oils with additives that can cause a wet plate clutch on a bike to slip...... :wink:

Are we all friends again now?...... :wink:

Well thanks guys that is much appreciated :D

I need to sort the bike out as wifeys car decided to eat a spark plug in chamber 2 and explode along with mine now deciding its a good time for the clutch to start slipping :shock:

Hey ho these things are sent to try us! I shall service the bike this weekend ready for another shivery ride to work on Monday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im thinking now might be the time to buy a brand new car on tick along with a bumper warranty! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you look at some of the other threads to do with oil some of the guys say that Wilkinson's occasionally have Castrol GTX on special for £10 for 5 litres......but I guess your need is more urgent by the sounds of it..... :wink:

I 'm not a keyboard warrior gobby, though it sounds like you are. I have helped more people on more forums than you can imagine. There are ways of using forums and just wading in with a question, without introducing yerself is not one of them. Good luck with your bike, you're gonna need it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey all what type of oil, and how much, do I need for my GSX 600F 1998?

My bike needs topping up so I may as well change the filter as well!

http://dorkage.net/wp-content/uploads/rtfm-300x300.jpg

Great work guys on showing a newbie how NOT to introduce someone to the forum

Just because his first post is asking for advice doesn't mean you can have a go and make this place look unfriendly

Good work on giving the right advice tango :thumb:

As for the others I'm ashamed!!