could anyone recommend a good helmet?

i am thinking about getting a new helmet now because the one i have is old and it has been dropped a fair amount of times...my bad :D

i am thinking of getting one of them flip front helmets if anyone has one or has tried one? i'm going to go on a budget of say £100-£200 so something good but not too cheapy...was wondering if anyone here would have any suggestions?

:stupid:

You've definitely got to go and try on as many as you can to find the one that fits the best...... 8-)

Check out the Sharp website to get some ideas first........http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

My Dad has a Nolan and thinks its a bit noisy but then he did have a top end Caberg before so possibly his views are a bit skewed. I'd defo reccomend a flip one, I didnt get one because everyone kept saying they're heavier. Now, I wish Id got one, so much more convenient. HTC do a nice one with a built in visor too

Like the guys have said, best thing is to go try them on, get what fits you best, don't go in desperate to make a particular helmet fit your head as you'll only regret it down the line if its not quite right

Look at caberg with built in visors, I personally have never gone on the sharp website but it's a fair enough suggestion, oh and I'm glad I don't yet fall into the flip lid bracket yet, I nearly got one last time but so glad I went with the caberg ego instead.

I've got a box flip front, think its great and it's got a flip down sun visor, not sure if its quiet compared to anything else but it does me and means I can fiddle with my ears when I needy head phones in.

wow thanks for the replies guys! i had gone down to the local dealer yesterday with my father because he wanted to book his bike in so while he was doing that i went and tried on some of the helmets. i did like the look and feel of the caberg konda and the one i had tried on was a bit too big so i asked at the counter if there was any in a smaller size luckily enough there were two left so i tried one on and it was a perfect fit!

they also asked if i wanted a bluetooth kit to go with it and i thought for a minute or two and agreed because the bluetooth kit would be more convenient than picking up the phone and having to stop when all i can now do is push a button and chat away :P

well i've bought the helmet and bluetooth kit and had gone out on the bike today and tested out the bluetooth as well, i think i've made a good choice there :)